Auction to benefit Omachi Gambatta

Reaction score
On the Bonsai Study Group Forum (www.bonsaistudygroup.com), an auction section has been set up specifically to raise money for Isao Omachi Relief. Sellers can donate an item for the auction, specify minimum bids, etc (like ebay). The money from the winning bidder goes to Omachi Gambatta (how this is worked out is between buyer and seller. Buyer can send $ directly using paypal to omachifund@aol.com and send a screen shot of the paypal confirmation to the seller and item is then sent to to this highest bidder). Check it out. You can also add items to donate as well. Craig Coussins from the UK has donated 3 antique screens that are quite beautiful.
This is not a plug for BSG forum but the auction. I participate in many bonsai forums but suggested this auction because BSG had the auction section set up.
Hoping this is an appropriate post for BN! I'm just trying to find ways that we in the bonsai community can support Mr. Omachi and family.
John Romano

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score
Hi John, this is for a good cause. I am sure BNut would be ok with it posting here. I just bought some items on that auction yesterday. Great deals for a good cause! But I don't know how to attach the PayPal transaction records to the emails to the sellers. The PM's at BonsaiStudyGroup.com does not seem to have the attachment function.

I hope members here would donate to help the Omachi family of Japan. The auction over there is a good way to donate and help out. Check it out!
Si

Reaction score
Hi Si,
things are not all firmed up. Can you at least contact the seller? If so, you can deal with him/her on the donation. they may not require a confirmation of donation - it was just a thought. But if you have the sellers email contact, you could email to them directly. I was suggesting taking screen shot of your paypal page or a scan of a check or whatever that you can email them. I leave it up to you too.
Thanks for the support. I too think it is a good idea and will put some pots up also.
John

Reaction score
An anonymous gift of a beautiful scroll has been added to the Omachi Gambatte auction site at BonsaiStudyGroup.com. Please check it out. It runs for 10 days (until April 24). Thanks.

Top Bottom