Auto Watering Set-up

R3x

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8?
First, my bench is against my north fence and my neighbor's car is usually parked just the other side of that fence.
If you used lawn sprinklers these come with various configurations - configurable radius, angle, ... So you can setup some that cover very specific area.

Jiminsauga

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I run mine once for 10 min, but the mini sprinklers I have don't put out that much water. I plan on running the system twice a day for 5 min each with the new set up. I forgot to add that I bought a single zone timer from Amazon with 3 programs, which allows for a decent watering in the AM and a light watering in the afternoon. They also sell a 2 and a 4 zone which I plan on buying once I expand my area to set up a misting station for the junipers and tropicals.

How has your timer held up? I'm looking for one and was considering the same Amazon one, but there are some mixed reviews of it suddenly stop working.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
N
How has your timer held up? I'm looking for one and was considering the same Amazon one, but there are some mixed reviews of it suddenly stop working.
No issues thus far. I've drop the watering time to 10mins and also used the rain delay feature multiple times. So far so good.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So far no issues. You have to take the Amazon negative reviews with a grain of salt. A lot of times people that have good experience don't leave reviews... I haven't. And some of the negatives, as broken connectors, etc... are due to "user error". Granted there will be a few defective units, as with everything, but they are not the norm. I'm still not done with the other zones, but as of now I may end up with just 2, so I may buy this one again to control my second zone. I considered the Orbit Pitoon posted, but I like the ability to water at different times or intervals, and the one I have allows for 3 different programs to run simultaneously. The Orbit just have one program.

Jiminsauga

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Thanks @Maiden69 thanks @Pitoon

Surprisingly there's not more discussion on water timers on this site. I would of thought there'd be a a whole active thread dedicated to comparing them.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thanks @Maiden69 thanks @Pitoon

Surprisingly there's not more discussion on water timers on this site. I would of thought there'd be a a whole active thread dedicated to comparing them.
I have read reviews where the multiple output timers had some issues of failing. Not sure if having multiple single output timers would be better that one timer with multiple outputs. If the single timer with multiple outputs fail nothing gets watered.

Bnana

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I use a Gardena flex with simple tubes and drippers from a Chinese webshop. Tubes are tubes and I have inorganic soils so just water a lot. Works very well for holidays.

Top Bottom