Az to Okla.

blainsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-7
Hello 1st post here.

My mother inlaw is coming to AZ today for work and will be there for a while. I live in Oklahoma and I'm new to the art. I am hoping she has better selection over there then here. I can't seem to find a physical vendor here.
Any suggestions on where she can browse and maybe bring me home a nice specimen?

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello. Welcome. We do not have bonsai nurseries persay here in AZ. We do have nursuries that carry a limited amount of bonsai material. Your post did not say what city your mom was going to be in. Here is a list of nuseries Phoenix Bonsai Society uses. I am sure other AZ bonsai clubs have a list as well you can look them up online. Screenshot_20200623-064156_Chrome.jpg

Bnana

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would have been surprised if there were Bonsai nurseries in Azerbaijan.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Bnana I am assuming you mean Arizona. We have about 45 active members in PBS and other very active clubs around the state. The market is slowly increasing so that may change! We get the majority of our material from CA, online, or local nurseries. We do some yamadori collecting. Overall, the bonsai scene is picking up in AZ I feel.

Last edited:

Bnana

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
AZ is Azerbaijan according to the ISO 3166 country codes.
So if someone writes AZ that's what I have to assume they mean.

But I had some suspicion that is not what you meant ;-)

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
AZ is Azerbaijan according to the ISO 3166 country codes.
So if someone writes AZ that's what I have to assume they mean.

But I had some suspicion that is not what you meant ;-)
Uh, no. AZ is U.S. postal code for Arizona. Well known abbreviation here in the states. Assuming someone is traveling from Oklahoma to Azerbajian is a pretty huge jump...The orginal poster is likely in Arizona, although they still have to fill out their location info (Which is critical to get help here and avoid confusion like this)

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Bnana
Well, I get to cross something off of my bucket list:
* Create an International incident. :)

I would be surprised if there was a bonsai nursery in Azerbajian as well.

ack

Seedling
Reaction score
If she's in the Phoenix area, you might suggest Summerwinds Nursery on Tatum (17826 N Tatum Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85032). Of the nurseries in Phoenix that I've been to they've got the best bonsai section, though that's not saying a lot. Chinese Elms, junipers, and ficus in the $40-150 range. Berridge Nursery on Camelback Rd also has some, though they are quite a bit more expensive for similar stock.

blainsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-7
Uh, no. AZ is U.S. postal code for Arizona. Well known abbreviation here in the states. Assuming someone is traveling from Oklahoma to Azerbajian is a pretty huge jump...The orginal poster is likely in Arizona, although they still have to fill out their location info (Which is critical to get help here and avoid confusion like this)
She will be in Phoenix and Glendale. I'm in OKC Oklahoma. I am having trouble getting to the page to change my location. I will use my desktop to do it maybe then it will work.
Haha AZ as in Arizona.

Top Bottom