Azalea leaf gall

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I dug a small azalea from a friend's rural property in Virginia. This has been in the ground for at least 2 years now. Last year the lace bugs clobbered it. I was just enjoying a scotch on the rocks while looking over my grow beds, and saw a light green lumpy thing on this azalea. I bent down for a closer look and see about a dozen of these things that I recognize as some sort of leaf gall. Never saw one on an azalea before, but I think it's time to treat my trees against fungus. According to Google, that is what this is, and it also seems that if the galls are not physically removed, it can lead to fewer flowers in the future. Damn! If it isnt one thing, it's another! Cant we just grow normal, healthy trees??

Attachments

• IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0425.jpg
    IMG_0425.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 28

AboveBeyond

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm seeing these all over my Chinese elms. Should all infected leaves be removed?

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'm thinking they would go well in a salsa or salad...:D
You do realize you're a sick bastard, right? And that's coming from a lifelong sick bastard, so I'm qualified to ID your problem. It may well be because you are a MassHole from way back.

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yes, that's definitely it! Did you remove all infected leaves?
I continue to remove the effected leaves when I see them. They keep coming. There can be damage to branches when so many leaves are effected.

Top Bottom