Azalea Thread Graft

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thought I would post this Azalea thread graft project. tree started at three and a half feet tall from landscape, reduced now down to approximately 18 inches with pads being added by thread graft. Grafts are from cuttings tasked off the plant in previous years.

The threads are left in place for two seasons before separation, placed the last two grafts in February 2020. Will separate this fall after two growing seasons! meanwhile enjoying the flowers for a bit longer.IMG_1472.jpegIMG_1475.jpeg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
That is awesome.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thought I would post this Azalea thread graft project. tree started at three and a half feet tall from landscape, reduced now down to approximately 18 inches with pads being added by thread graft. Grafts are from cuttings tasked off the plant in previous years.

The threads are left in place for two seasons before separation, placed the last two grafts in February 2020. Will separate this fall after two growing seasons! meanwhile enjoying the flowers for a bit longer.View attachment 367427View attachment 367428
Very nice azalea! Can you show close ups of the graft?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thank you, this is what I started with after digging out of the ground. The current design is based on the lower trunk portion.View attachment 367540
That base of the tree...wow! You have done amazing with it. Love your posts. Always a joy to see your work.

Top Bottom