Baby East Asian Tree (Prunus Serrulata)

Iluvplants

Seed
Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve never grown bonsai before, but I’m curious to try it. I’m an experienced gardener, but bonsai is totally new for me and a bit intimidating.

I purchased Japanese Cherry seeds a year ago and two of them finally sprouted last month.
Does anyone know if this species is easy or not so easy to grow and maintain? Should it be indoors or outdoors, and how much fertilizer should I use and how often? how often should I water them? How long do I need to wait before I can prune, wire and transfer to bonsai pot?
Right now I have them growing under lights in my room, but I don’t know if this is ideal for bonsai.

Any information helps.
1F01656E-EBC8-4B43-A131-C00211F60940.jpegBC6D19A2-2891-464E-8002-8EA0B779C27E.jpeg
I’m going to start reading a lot more about this process so I can become familiar with it.

Do you guys enjoy growing bonsai from seed?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do you guys enjoy growing bonsai from seed?

Something about growing anything from a seed that is satisfying!

Welcome to Crazy!

Where on this flat earth are you?

Sorce

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Something about growing anything from a seed that is satisfying!

Welcome to Crazy!

Where on this flat earth are you?

Sorce
I saw a video on YT the other day where former pilots were "catfishing" flat earthers on YT. Giving them laughably bogus "whistle-blower" information about how "airlines use algorithms to make the flat earth mapping calculations appear as if they are designed for a Globe Earth". Then they post videos.....

Hilarious stuff.....perfect for our times.

Iluvplants

Seed
Reaction score
I’m from Kansas. I’ve done some reading on all of this, and now I have a better understanding; but practice makes perfect. I feel like this is going to be a rollercoaster ride in slow motion😄

Iluvplants

Seed
Reaction score
I’m going to keep the trees outside where they can get a bit of shade in the afternoon. I’ve already been taking them outside to get some rays for the past week.
They are definitely growing faster than any forb and veggies I have.

Top Bottom