Baby steppes

Reaction score
This is a new planting that has proven stable from the spring. It is work in progress and only the the three focus points have been placed to grow in over the next couple years. More stock is in pots training for this planting and some we will use young sprouts from last years germination. I have chosen to place infant trees to eventually help bind the rock together. The planting is planned for seven trees so four infant trees will be placed somewhere down the road. But this is my first attempt at forest style plantings. The bottom of the planter is filled with rocks with about 3 inches of actual growing medium. The stones have been mucked into placed with a clay and peet mixture. I also have chosen to wait to place more trees as the stock i have is a little more root bound than what is healthy. I am amazed at times how much larch resent container life. At any rate the others i had hoped to plant i did not due to a lack of root vigor and a bit of fear on my part placing a tree just to watch it wither. It could go a thousand ways and nothing is wired down into a more permanent planting. ITs fun though and over time who knows it could be a great piece. I expect a ten years effort to work this into a trainable medium but so is the name of the game when you deal with trees.
Ciao

bonsaiTOM

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is there a picture posted? I'm not seeing it. But I love larch and forest groups. Hope to see this one soon.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Sure there is Tom, but you have to be in the right frame of mind to see it, Xanadeau!;)

plant_dr

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I must not be in the right frame of mind either, but I would love to see it. Would you mind trying to attach the picture again?

Top Bottom