Back and I miss you guys and gals!!

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Man it's been one hell of a ride the last 2 months. One month of no place to live then getting everything moved, up and running with work, getting settled in etc.

But we are happy and it turned into a blessing as we got to move to North Carolina as we wanted. I love the new house, and am surrounded by trees. Such a nice change from Florida!

Man, I really miss all of youzzzzz !!! I miss the trees and talks!

On that note, only one tree came with me a shore juniper. Many didn't make it and perished but most did...the ones that did are with a friend of mine in Florida. I didn't have the space to bring them or ability to care for them up here. Is what it is..... Though the plan is for him to bring some up when he comes to visit.

Well at least I get to start with new trees, in a new climate and hopefully avoid OLD mistakes :p:p

I have a lot of notifications to catch up on so bear with me, but I'll be back on more and more as the days progress. Finally getting into the swing of normal life again.. for the most part.

I need more trees!! :D

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey welcome back!!
I am doing well.
It's getting cold down here :):eek:

Looking forward to more friendly chats.
Good Day
Anthony

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
So I don't have any of my trees with me for the mame contest. I have a friend in FL watching the trees that made it and only the elm and rosemary survived (hopefully he hasn't killed em :p ) He plans to bring them up when he visits.

Many are tropicals though and im not big on keeping trees that I have to bring inside in the winter.

It's kind of melancholy for me right now with tress.............thinking about all the work I lost and the fact that I pretty much will start from scratch again. But that is exciting also. I will get to keep species now that I couldn't in that blistering heat down there.

I miss winter, and it's nice to feel the colder weather again. been in the low 30's at night here and I love it.

Going to take some adjustment from growing in FL though!!!! LOL

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Kinda Weird, Stone Cloud.

My brother-in-law stayed in Lafayette, Louisiana, just back and forth from school
in Philadelphia, 2 years, and he was already collecting Hackberry seedlings and San Jose'
junipers from some Mart.
Zero interest in Tropicals.

When time to go home came closer he only then started to look at mail ordering
what could grow at home.
Took home around 80 plants.
The dogs killed the San Jose's and the fridge allows the Celtis to go on.

I would imagine you would do as he did, find a big book at the library on North Carolina
natives and be prepared to ground grow [ encourage, encourage ]

So he spent more time wondering around the neighborhood and the ravine in
the backyard.
Good Day
Anthony

tree4me

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to NC. I moved to Charlotte from Broward County in 2014. I actually brought about 12 of my trops and am down to 4. the rest have since past as I was not ready for the winter storage required. I did gift some to friends and traded others before I left. I travel to Fayetteville twice a month for work.

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Anthony I'm definitely going to be going all in on Natives here.

I'm pumped for the upcoming season. I've got a bunch of little guys on my property that I've been scoping out. I have to start researching on best collection times for them. Need to properly ID them first though. Haven't had much time since moving in but slowly starting to get some time back in my life.

Thanks @Bonsai Nut !!! It's great to be back, I love this place! I feel like retiring right now!!!! :p:p

Glad to be here @tree4me . Sorry about the trees that didn't make it... what happened with your trees was my fear as well so I left them with a friend. I was pissed/torn etc.. and itching to bring them but I didn't want to have a downhill battle with them. I moved from broward as well, Davie....well if it's cool with you we should meet up one day!!

And if you have any trees you want to get rid of let me know!!! My collection is thin :eek::eek:

Good to see you @just.wing.it !!!!! :cool:

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
If you have tomorrow or Sunday off the Winter Silhoutte show is going on, that’d be a great place to get started with some material.

Also what’s so great about here lol

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
If you have tomorrow or Sunday off the Winter Silhoutte show is going on, that’d be a great place to get started with some material.

Also what’s so great about here lol

Yes I just saw that earlier this morning when trying to find "bonsai life" around here :D

I work tomorrow but do have Sunday off. It's 2.5 hours each way rom me. If I would have known sooner I could have planned, wife is probably not gonna be happy LOL

tree4me

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Glad to be here @tree4me . Sorry about the trees that didn't make it... what happened with your trees was my fear as well so I left them with a friend. I was pissed/torn etc.. and itching to bring them but I didn't want to have a downhill battle with them. I moved from broward as well, Davie....well if it's cool with you we should meet up one day!!

LOL, Cooper City near Griffin elementary. That was good move not bring alot with you. It sucked leaving so much there but not as much as watching them perish due to my ineptness. Absolutely would like to meet up some time. Are you around the HD on Skibo rd.?

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
LOL, Cooper City near Griffin elementary. That was good move not bring alot with you. It sucked leaving so much there but not as much as watching them perish due to my ineptness. Absolutely would like to meet up some time. Are you around the HD on Skibo rd.?

I was on griffin and Davie road, and YES I'm pretty close to that HD 10 min car ride

Small trees, small world haha!

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
My new job has left me with no time for the internet and man has it been annoying not being able to be on the forum.

But I have taken charge and have made balance!

I hope everyone has been good and I see a lot of new members, awesome!!!

I've been slowly getting my collection going again and currently have about 12 to 15 trees right now not including cuttings that are currently being propagated. Although that number is always growing :p:p

I'm going to try and use the threads I've already started for the same species that I've had before, though they will be all new trees. Or should I just start whole new threads on everything? I'm just trying not to clog up the archives if I don't have to!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
My new job has left me with no time for the internet and man has it been annoying not being able to be on the forum.

But I have taken charge and have made balance!

I hope everyone has been good and I see a lot of new members, awesome!!!

I've been slowly getting my collection going again and currently have about 12 to 15 trees right now not including cuttings that are currently being propagated. Although that number is always growing :p:p

I'm going to try and use the threads I've already started for the same species that I've had before, though they will be all new trees. Or should I just start whole new threads on everything? I'm just trying not to clog up the archives if I don't have to!
Glad to see you back!

Top Bottom