Baiko-en 53rd Annual Winter Sihouettes Show, Jan 13-14, 2018, California

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Baikoen Bonsai Kenkyukai will be conducting our 53rd Annual Winter Silhouettes Show during Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend at the LA Arboretum. Our exhibit will have trees in their leafless form, showing off their trunk and branch structures.Our show will offer the following: Exhibit, sales area, Saturday night reception featuring entertainment, food, giant raffle and auction.

Baikoen Bonsai Kenkyukai 53rd Annual Winter Sihouettes Show
January 13-14, 2018
Time: 10:00am to 4:30pm

For more information, please visit www.baikoenbonsai.com.

theone420

Shohin
Reaction score
Sorry I missed it! I was unfortunately out of town :(
Nice to see the trees without their leaves. It really shows the work/love put into these trees. The one I would like to see in bloom is the Wisteria.
All that bonsai and we took the Arboretum bus tour and learned a little history while we were there. Couldn't beat the experience. Beautiful grounds

I hope I can make bonsai-a-thon in February but I think I will be working 7 days a week by that time getting ready for this tennis tournament starting here in March. So you will have to put up pictures of all the trees I miss. ;)

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Really tho , a lot of beauties ,that corker ! Chinese elm on the rock ! All kinds of nice trunks , nice to see a beauty berry in there too

Mr.E

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Nice to see the trees without their leaves. It really shows the work/love put into these trees. The one I would like to see in bloom is the Wisteria.
All that bonsai and we took the Arboretum bus tour and learned a little history while we were there. Couldn't beat the experience. Beautiful grounds

I hope I can make bonsai-a-thon in February but I think I will be working 7 days a week by that time getting ready for this tennis tournament starting here in March. So you will have to put up pictures of all the trees I miss. ;)
Thanks for the pictures, I had a lot to do on the weekend and couldn't make it.I know how the Tennis Gardens can suck your life away, just about every year they remodel something and I spend way to much time there. My crew installed most the kitchen and restroom floors in the stadium 1 remodel. I was there 6/7 days a week from November to March.

theone420

Shohin
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures, I had a lot to do on the weekend and couldn't make it.I know how the Tennis Gardens can suck your life away, just about every year they remodel something and I spend way to much time there. My crew installed most the kitchen and restroom floors in the stadium 1 remodel. I was there 6/7 days a week from November to March.

Hahaha you nailed it. I work for the box office i handle all the series renewals for the entire 2 weeks. And work 7 days a week 16+ hours a day for the Feb and Mar , but the overtime is great. That and 9 months of the year I do nothing but watch movies.

@jriddell88 yeah there were some beautiful trees. The elms took the cake. Some really beautiful elms. And that maple forest @cockroach mentioned was a beauty.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
the last 3 pics are of a Cork Bark Elm that was amazing. the ramification just blew my mind. :eek:
That is an incredible tree! After looking at it for awhile, I wonder what it would look like styled like a big oak? If it was more open, with the branches forming more of a upward reaching canopy. All the photos you shared are real beauties!

theone420

Shohin
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. That green shohin pot actually made me drool a little....:)
yes the one on the top of the shelve display right? the colors were even better in person of course. It was Peter Macasieb display. I had a conversation with him and was blown away when he told me he has only been in the hobby for 13 years. he showed me some pictures of his backyard with over 150 beautiful shohin trees. I was amazed by all the quality trees he had.

Top Bottom