Bald Cypress "Briseuse de Coeur" Video 2 of 2

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Video 2 of 2 is up for the bald cypress bonsai I've named "Briseuse de Coeur" (Heartbreaker). The first video was a rush to clean up a tree for a meeting of The Greater New Orleans Bonsai Society. I got great advice at the meeting, and thanks to Randy Bennett, I decided to attempt a very tricky technique. This video covers the work I did one week after the first video. A link to the first video is in the description of this one.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Awesome work as always Bill. Thanks for sharing!

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Bill, you're a mad man!
Heartbreaker BROKE MY HEART!!!

That'll be the title of next year's video. She burst out in growth like a wild woman. Yellow growth.... What?

I made a critical error that ruined this year's work. The tree's soil is hard-pack muck. There's plenty of lava rock to give the roots ramification, but there's not food getting to the roots.

When the tree burst forth in response to the work I did, it did not have the reserves it needed to do so. Thus, yellow growth. A dead branch carving. A dying thread graft.

No worries. I got her to green up by mid-summer. The growth tells me she is vigorous again. I'll repot her in December and make another attempt at the thread graft.

The base of the branch I tried to bend has several new branches growing very well. It'll have a minimal impact on the current development schedule.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Heartbreaker BROKE MY HEART!!!

That'll be the title of next year's video. She burst out in growth like a wild woman. Yellow growth.... What?

I made a critical error that ruined this year's work. The tree's soil is hard-pack muck. There's plenty of lava rock to give the roots ramification, but there's not food getting to the roots.

When the tree burst forth in response to the work I did, it did not have the reserves it needed to do so. Thus, yellow growth. A dead branch carving. A dying thread graft.

No worries. I got her to green up by mid-summer. The growth tells me she is vigorous again. I'll repot her in December and make another attempt at the thread graft.

The base of the branch I tried to bend has several new branches growing very well. It'll have a minimal impact on the current development schedule.

I so enjoyed this series of video.
So you've mended the broken heart!

Top Bottom