Bald Cypress emergency repot......?

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Long time no post.....I live in the North Georgia area and I have to repot my BC tomorrow.....The training box is falling apart. My question is should I do any root work/soil replacement or just try to move it to a new box while trying to disturb the roots/soil as little as possible....?

IMG_9063.JPG

Kadebe

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Long time no post.....I live in the North Georgia area and I have to repot my BC tomorrow.....The training box is falling apart. My question is should I do any root work/soil replacement or just try to move it to a new box while trying to disturb the roots/soil as little as possible....?

View attachment 393135
You could also place the box in a bigger container with the same substrate, and repot it at the appropriate time

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I would shore up the pot it's in to be honest. It is a wooden training pot. So slap some wood around it build a new frame easily without disturbing the roots.

I've always been told not to repot if the buds turn to brush. That this tree is in a wooden box. Makes it relatively simple to just slap on some wood around it and screw it together. Holding it together until ideal time. Which is when they come out of dormancy.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Eh...it's a Wee problem!

Sorce

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The problem is not so much the sides but the bottom.....I'll try to figure out a way to just build a better box around it till spring. Thank Ya'll for the advice.

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Wish I lived where these grow wild. They are very hardy. It's still doing great.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Wish I lived where these grow wild. They are very hardy. It's still doing great.
Not too close where you live, but you can go see some big ones with huge knees in Miller Lake, I went there when I was stationed in Ft. Gordon a long time ago.

Top Bottom