Bald Cypress grown from seed

mudman

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hello, this is a BC I grew from seed 7 years, was leaning toward a natural style like grown in the wild, however it hasn't budded out yet, though another from the same seed group has been putting on new shoots for several weeks now....it is alive as it has has lots of new white roots growing out....

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 110

Dan_Davis

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I have 9 trees that are 2.5 yrs old now planted in my yard. Several of them are showing buds for 2 weeks now
and the others are just now showing. Like people, some are a little slower. By the way, I just got 10 more from the arbor day foundation, just for joining up for 10.00 bucks. I'm going to try a swamp forest with them...

mudman

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hi Dan,
a swamp forrest of BC would be interesting, I hope you post pics when you get it going.

mapleman77

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
A thread that I started recently here (called Bald Cypress Seelings) had an article linked to it about making a BC forest. Very good read. :)

Also, I was searching the net the other day about making a BC forest (sounded fun) and one person advised to recreating the 'swamp' conditions by covering the pot with plastic & the poking a few holes in it; the cypress trees would make knees! That sounds incredible; I have some seedlings that just germinated and i'm going to try to do something much like that.

David

PS: Mudman, I like your natural style cypress. Can you update us on it's growth?

Kirk

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
[Also, I was searching the net the other day about making a BC forest (sounded fun) and one person advised to recreating the 'swamp' conditions by covering the pot with plastic & the poking a few holes in it; the cypress trees would make knees!

I would be hesitant about moving it into full sun. That's how I steam broccoli. :)

Kirk

Top Bottom