Bald cypress in non swampy setting

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Nice.
those roots look really cool
I have a double trunk BC growing on a slab and some roots are starting to creep around the edges.
I think I’ll put the slab in/ on another container and see what kind of nearing can develop.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Nice.
those roots look really cool
I have a double trunk BC growing on a slab and some roots are starting to creep around the edges.
I think I’ll put the slab in/ on another container and see what kind of nearing can develop.
The Vietnamese penjing style sometimes will have a pond next to a slab and “invites” some roots to dip in the pond. I might do just that with one of my BCs.

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
What kind of nearing can your tree develop.?
Lol.
farsighted, fat fingered, old dude doesn’t do too well with the spell fixer on a small screen.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Maybe that water is filled with evil chemicals and the tree is a pervert.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
They will grow in crappy places, too, like on boulevard islands where the surrounding land is street & parking and shopping centers where the amount of water available is laughable...
20181217 Bald Cypress.jpg
20181217 Balded Cypress.jpg
These have been here for ~20 years, and there are no missing trees in the ~1/2 long mile series. This is east of Oakland Mall, Troy, MI.

Sekibonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They will grow in crappy places, too, like on boulevard islands where the surrounding land is street & parking and shopping centers where the amount of water available is laughable...
View attachment 373863
View attachment 373864
These have been here for ~20 years, and there are no missing trees in the ~1/2 long mile series. This is east of Oakland Mall, Troy, MI.
Yes, they are amazingly drought tolerant... unless you forget to water them one. single. day....

One of the coolest trees I ever got to work with was a Root Over Limestone BC that someone had brought in from a San Antonio area river bank. Client would not sell it to me... :(

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
What kind of nearing can your tree develop.?
Lol.
farsighted, fat fingered, old dude doesn’t do too well with the spell fixer on a small screen.
We all know what you were trying to say :)

Top Bottom