Bald Cypress / Scots Pine

CrisisM0de

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello!

Definitely not trying to spam the boards, just looking for help with one more thing this afternoon. I have tried facebook and read about these trees on Bonsai Empire. I have also read a little bit about the pine in a book that I have (very good book from DK on bonsai). Its possible that some of you saw my first post about attempting to propagate hornbeam cuttings... Being that I don't want to put my eggs in one basket, I picked up this bald cypress and - what I think is - a scots pine.

I thought the pine looked like it might lend itself to literati sometime when I am 50 :)... anyhow... am I right to assume that my sole mission at this moment is keeping these alive into spring? No trimming, no repotting, no styling until end of the winter. Is this correct? Should I be concerned that the roots are in bags of some sort? I read that the cypress should have one leader, but it currently has 2 plus the middle piece that was cut really short at some point. The branch at the very top appears dead, can I remove it? Otherwise they both look quite healthy.

Thanks again!

a.JPGb.jpgc.jpgg.jpg

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1

BonsaiNaga13

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Those look like compostable root bags so should be fine. Just keep alive and have a game plan for next spring is correct. As far as removing the dead stub on BC you could do so now or wait till next spring.

CrisisM0de

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Those look like compostable root bags so should be fine. Just keep alive and have a game plan for next spring is correct. As far as removing the dead stub on BC you could do so now or wait till next spring.

Alright, thank you!

Top Bottom