Bald cypress seedlings

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
My friends wants a few hundred BC seedlings to plant on his land. It appears that I will need to sow some seeds for him soon. The trees will later be planted in a wet area with standing water so I will have to get them to grow to fairly good size before transplant.

This will help minimize by carbon foot print :)

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Cool! I'm going to do the same with black Alder. Going to grow them in a shaded spot so they'll get taller faster.
Because there's a lot of low growing bushes posing issues in our woodland.
59540.jpg

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I’ve got a bunch of these plug flats, let me know if you want a few and I’ll see what shipping is to send some your way.
43675D50-FA85-4409-9E8A-144818444E70.png

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I've been separating BC seeds for a couple weeks now, it's a PITA. I'd like to get at least 500 planted in spring, for an expected 50 trees.

papkey5

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
My friends wants a few hundred BC seedlings to plant on his land. It appears that I will need to sow some seeds for him soon. The trees will later be planted in a wet area with standing water so I will have to get them to grow to fairly good size before transplant.

This will help minimize by carbon foot print :)
Go and order from Chief River Nursery. They can do bulk orders like what your friend is looking for. They take orders now and ship in the spring.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Go and order from Chief River Nursery. They can do bulk orders like what your friend is looking for. They take orders now and ship in the spring.
Why? I have a 5 gallon bucket of BC cones. I can and will do 1000 BCs that will be ready for him to plant at his lake bank next fall. I will cost me about $.25 for each.

Last edited:

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I stored some BC seeds in spagnum without separating from cones, after 3 months in the fridge, the seeds slipped right off the cone pieces. Will definitely be doing it this way vs separating while dry and sticky.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Now that they are coming up, I am pondering the next steps. I should have at least a few hundred seedlings soon.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I now have 9 of these 24” pot full of seedlings. They are still popping up. They will be thick with BCs.
BFF9703A-85A6-4326-9E70-6AAF286072D9.jpeg

Top Bottom