Bald cypress seedlings

eron jonson

Sapling
Reaction score
Tree Seedlings
UPDATED: Oct. 2013

I have about 20 of the second year bald cypress about 3 foot tall and 3/4 inch trunks on most. i will probably only sell these locally, but 15 bucks maybe over mail-order.

I have about 30 of this years bald cypress which are about 6 to 2 foot tall, up to about a half inch trunk on half. these are 5 to 8 bucks depending.

I have 50 scots pine first year from 6 to about 10 inches and these are 8 to 12 bucks most have the leader and about 4 branches.

I have 15 japanese maples very few lace leaf the rest regular, most are a red margin and lime green veins. really intense. locally collected seed 7b to me (tulsa, oklahoma area) these are about 10 bucks a piece.

Thats about the only things i really have in any numbers. ive changed the way im germinating them this winter, so next year i should literally have hundreds of seedlings of about 10 different species. i really do not want to buy bulk seeds over the internet because of how risky the viability is. but thats my only option for starting some of the varieties i would love to have.

anyways. im really thankful for the people that have purchased some already as it helped to really get things started this year and although it didnt get as many numbers as id hoped, it really got my techniques to change which is really what im looking for these first few years. safe to say ive gotten a few of this years seedlings to already show very good root structure. so next year hopefully i can get that at a uniform number.

Attachments

• scots pine.jpg
    scots pine.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 79
  • maple1.jpg
    maple1.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 59
  • maple.jpg
    maple.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 53
  • maple2.jpg
    maple2.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

eron jonson

Sapling
Reaction score
bumpin this up as they have all survived, still available. about to bud out in about 6 or 7 weeks. if none sell, i will continue onto doing some initial training. keeping some to an upright and informal upright, try to get some twin trunks going, and literati.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You should twist some and add some extreme movement into some. Something we have not seen in bald cypress.

MBatcho1

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Have you sold any

Just checking to see if anyone has purchased and if you still have some available? Thanks just would like to hear about experiences with seller.

eron jonson

Sapling
Reaction score
lol, i did do some initial trunk movement, most look good, one came out a little too much of a complex bend, much too quickly. i probably wont do anything with that, or i will try and straighten it out as its way too unnatural looking. you can actually see it in the first picture 2nd from left top.

other than that i plan on doing most by clip and growing. my main focus is the trunk line and eventually the root flare.

eron jonson

Sapling
Reaction score
I have root pruned about 3/4 of the bald cypress i have left about 2 weeks ago and leafing out well after that, but slowly due to very cold weather. if anyone is interested please let me know and i can get some ready for shipping. the ones left are 4 to 5 dollars a piece i think i have about 30.

eron jonson

Sapling
Reaction score
Ill have pictures later, but i have first year seedlings of japanese maples various varities, scots pine about 6 inches tall, and 1st and 2nd year bald cypress if anyone is interested let me know and ill get some pictures and figure out how much i will sell for and what shipping might cost.

eron jonson

Sapling
Reaction score
Update 2013

i have updated the quantities and species of trees ill have for sale this year. also i have uploaded some pictures, will add more of a standard size and shape of each maybe. or if anyone is interested in getting better close ups or anything i finally figured out how to deal with the photos on this site as well as within the thread.

eron jonson

Sapling
Reaction score
i will continually change my original post and photos to show the numbers and types of trees i have available as well as state when i have changed it. with that being said i have just updated the original post this month and it will most likely just change once a year to show the newly germinated group, as well as the progression of whats left from the previous year.

eron jonson

Sapling
Reaction score
Dormant!

I have root pruned just about all of these and repotted them to give them more room for next year if any are not sold. I noticed about 80 percent of all the trees have really good root flare for what could be great nabari in the future. anyways if anyone is interested this would be a perfect time to buy any as im between semesters and theyre dormant. theyve also survived in the teens for a week straight completely frozen so im sure theyre hardy for most places.

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Eron can you please update your profile to let us know where you are?

jesseb88

Seedling
Reaction score
If you still have any bald cypress left please let me know I am interested.

Top Bottom