Bamboo Bonsai

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I see almost nothing here on bamboo bonsai in the archives. Has anyone here anything to share?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I have 2seedlings growing... 1-2 clones.. only like 4” high.. recovering (ugly-like) from a cold snap and it’s move indoors..

In conversations with OL (Original Leo)... I’ve learned that it will be several years before identification is possible.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeap.
But it is a kusamono and it its made (styled) to resemble a bamboo forest.
It it is an excellent job. Horsetail has its own very real charm and in general appearance it alludes to bamboo. Culture / care is quite different.
I have half a dozen bamboo in the ground, including two species of Fargesia that are tight clump forming bamboo. I also have a pretty good sized clump of Bambusa ventricosa, the "Buddha Belly" tropical bamboo. I am interested in communicating with other that may have bonsai bamboo. I thought I would find that here.
Thank you to everyone who has responded.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
knot-weed bamboo bonsai anyone? just kidding. its extremely invasive. i heard Michigan property values are affected because they love growing thru concrete foundations and are super tough to get rid of.
1603995215311.png

Top Bottom