Banks Pine\Pinus banksiana

Nigel Black

Yamadori
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy or trade for seedlings of this species of pine.
Private individuals only, NO businesses please.

Thanks,

Nigel

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Most of the folks here have buisnesses!
Irene

Nigel Black

Yamadori
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean, but it does say to mention whether or not you want a business to contact you. And I don't, not as such.

And many here DO NOT have bonsai or horticulturally related businesses. And they might want to trade or sell surplus.

And then there are that some DO, and we do a trade outside of their line of business, such as a trade Tom and I did not too long ago.

So...

Nigel

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Kinda hard to seperate the two.....
Same as Tom....Being a owner of a Bonsai related biz does not remove you as a person or a individual.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Just curious; what is there about this tree that has you so "Hot to trot"?

Nigel Black

Yamadori
Reaction score
I like its short needles. I've been slowly acquiring a collection of shorter needled pine species. Not a big fan of Japanese black, Red (densiflora or resinosa) and only the short needled white pine cultivars. I have some varieties of P. cembra as well.

So there you have it. I really like its look, its on my list and I'm about to give up and grow it from seed.

Irene, I'm pleased we were able to interact without it devolving into heated or confrontational words.
Seems to be much more common place here lately than it was when Greg first started this forum.

Whew!

Nigel

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Irene, I'm pleased we were able to interact without it devolving into heated or confrontational words.
Seems to be much more common place here lately than it was when Greg first started this forum.
Whew!
Nigel[/QUOTE]

Nigel, let the dragons sleep!
Mom

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nigel, you might also be interested in some of the cedrus species. Cedrus atlantica "glauca" is very nice as well as Cedrus brevifolia. Cedrus B. is a rather expensive cultivar and very slow growing, but very nice to look at. Both have extremely short needles and both make very attractive bonsai.

Nigel Black

Yamadori
Reaction score
Smoke,

I have thought of those. Even tried to get some from Iseli when a friend was doing his internship out there, but they didn't have enough in production was what he was told, so no Cedrus. There is an old specimen of C. atlantica 'glauca' on the campus nearby. I've thought of grafting some of that, or rooting some of C. a. 'glauca pendula' that sits out front of a building downtown.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'd never thought to see if anyone wants to do a trade for some of those. then again, my birthday approaches, which means it's time to do business with Brent again.

Nigel

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The "pendula" do not make very good bonsai. It seemsthat when the tips are turned up they seem to slow down. Must be something in the genetics. A lot of the cedrus are grafted onto Deodor cedar roots though. They seem to be very indestructable, yet are pendulas in nature also.

Al

Nigel Black

Yamadori
Reaction score
I was thinking of the pendulous variety for cascade styles...

Nigel

Top Bottom