Barbados cherry

amamizu

Seed
Reaction score
Hi there,

I got some Barbados cherry seeds the other day, and would like to germinate them, but the seller didn't give any really useful advice.
I did what he said, but no results. So, I soaked 2 seeds for 2 days, then put them into a mixture of soil and sand, covered them with kitchen folie. I have been watering them (sprinkle, if needed), to assure the moisture. This was a month ago, but no results.

Any ideas what should I do?
I live in Hungary (USDA zone 5-6).

thanks for the advice!
amamizu

donkey

Mame
Reaction score
I don't know about barbados cherry but with other cherries the best way is to swallow them whole then dig a hole where you want your tree and sh*t them in the hole. I am not shitting you i lived in an orchard cooperative for 2 years and this was how the hippies living there propogated cherries and it worked very well despite being somewhat unorthodox.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Oh John, you too.:eek: or e tu John.

Ok where is the holding the nose emoticon.

Seacrest out.

John Ruger

Shohin
Reaction score
yeah...Deus succuro mihi

Last edited:

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
BArbados cherries aren't cherries. They're tropical and are quite different from temperate cherry trees.

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/barbados_cherry.html

I'd stop being so attentive to the seed. You're overwatering them, which will cause rot. Leave them alone, put the pot in a place where it gets morning sun and wait. Since they're tropical, you cannot leave them outside in winter...

Top Bottom