Barberry

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I love the contrast between the little yellow flowers and the deep burgundy foliage.
View attachment 369473
That’s fantastic.

Looks fun to work with...despite the OBVIOUS. ;)

I had one of those “microbarbs” wedged in my flesh for like 6 months.
🤓

Bonsaidoorguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
That’s fantastic.

Looks fun to work with...despite the OBVIOUS. ;)

I had one of those “microbarbs” wedged in my flesh for like 6 months.
🤓
This last wiring I got away with but minor flesh wounds. Also looking at the picture I realized I hadn't cut that wrapped wire off the trunk. It's doing absolutely nuthin but I never have my snips with me when I notice it. I'm off to do it right now.

Lost2301

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice tree and I like it a lot. I just love Barberries and find it hard to pass up a nice one. I am trying to collect different Barberries just to see how many ones I can find with a nice trunk on them. I just potted up 6 Barberries in the last week or so. Now is the time to go Barberry hunting at nurseries when they have no leaves depending on where you live. Here is an example of the largest trunked one, it is not finished. It is potted into a 9 1/4" wide pot. I do have a 5-7 foot tall Barberry just waiting to be worked on. You can see the other trees on the link above.

Attachments

• 20210502_132507 (2).jpg
    20210502_132507 (2).jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 43

Bonsaidoorguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice tree and I like it a lot. I just love Barberries and find it hard to pass up a nice one. I am trying to collect different Barberries just to see how many ones I can find with a nice trunk on them. I just potted up 6 Barberries in the last week or so. Now is the time to go Barberry hunting at nurseries when they have no leaves depending on where you live. Here is an example of the largest trunked one, it is not finished. It is potted into a 9 1/4" wide pot. I do have a 5-7 foot tall Barberry just waiting to be worked on. You can see the other trees on the link above.
Oh yeah, that's a nice fat trunk. I always look at the barberry nursery stock, but it's always small trunks. Sometimes multiple little plants in the same pot. Mine had been ripped out in a parking lot, so I threw it in the back of my truck and when I got home soaked it while getting a pot ready. Those things are tough, it never even skipped a beat.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I trimmed my yard one back some a couple days ago....it trimmed me back some too!

Easily a love hate relationship.

Sorce

Top Bottom