Bay Tree?

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Quite a transformation! It's a shame about the other pot though.:(
Easy come, easy go with pots. I have an inexpensive source. Six years is about my limit and a pot change is always fun.
I’m kinda puzzled why this isn’t a more popular species. Its appearance is very similar to a beech….. leaf shape and size…..smooth grey bark. But mostly it develops relatively quickly compared to beech. 7-10 temp zone. AND of course there is the benefit of leaf pruning for cooking 😎😎. Maybe they don’t have them in Japan.

PerryB

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
If you use your own wormwood, it can definitely be psychedelic... You have to drink a lot... And FIGHT the "pull to sleep"... But it is there...

I HATE(d) the taste, though...
This is quite true...I was once notorious for my absinthe type blend of various herbs plus Artemesia absinthium with the best brandy I could find. Even with all the aromatics (aniseed, fennel seed, etc.), it was still---as the Bible says---the bitterest herb. And a couple of shots would entertain for hours!

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
This just got a fairly hard cutback and partial defoliation. Trying to get it opened up for inner growth. The leaf are really starting to reduce and back-budding is vigorous. More leaves will be removed once the buds start pushing.

IMG_4738.JPGIMG_1953.jpegIMG_4742.JPG

PerryB

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
This just got a fairly hard cutback and partial defoliation. Trying to get it opened up for inner growth. The leaf are really starting to reduce and back-budding is vigorous. More leaves will be removed once the buds start pushing.

View attachment 534239View attachment 534240View attachment 534242
This is a great tree! I've been following your for a while now and I think I will make my 5-year old into a bonsai.

I may put it into a grow box for the summer outdoors to get some more girth...Now if I just had a gorgeous @ABCarve pot for it!

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

View attachment 534239View attachment 534240View attachment 534242
That's your laurus nobilus, right?
I think I may finally get mine out of its nursery can and moving in a pretty sort of direction this year.

Top Bottom