Bayer Advanced insect, disease, and mite control vs Malathion

bonsairxmd

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Which product do you use for which pests? I did notice Bayer Advanced has an antifungal agent and obviously a miticide. What will malathioin work well for that one would use it over the Bayer Advanced?

Thanks

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I use the Bayer, the granulated type. Can't compare it with Malathion, as once I started using Bayer, no more problems. I still have to spray some (fungal prone) trees for fungus during high risk times.

bonsairxmd

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I use the Bayer, the granulated type. Can't compare it with Malathion, as once I started using Bayer, no more problems. I still have to spray some (fungal prone) trees for fungus during high risk times.

Thanks Judy. When have you noticed the most high risk times to be?

Dirty Nails

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I use Bayer granual in the spring and Malathion every 5 weeks or so throughout the season. No troubles.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Spring when it's wet and doesn't dry out, or humid summer if it is raining a lot.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have had mites become immune to it. Always rotate insecticides.

larlamonde

Shohin
Reaction score
Not to change the direction of this thread but with fall and winter coming in the northern states when does it become a non-issue? Is there anything that can happen over winter?

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This year I'm going to spray fungicides as soon as buds start to swell on deciduous trees. I had a bad time this year with early spring fungus on leaves.

Top Bottom