BBRRR- there's a chill in the air!!!

johnbaz

Mame
Reaction score
well, we have some strange weather and temps now here in blighty, during the day it's been really hot and sunny but at night the temps really dip with beautiful clear skies (wish i had bought the meade telescope that i ummmed and arrred about:eek: )

i've been on twelve hour dayshift this week and so up at 4.30am (too dark to see down our back garden!)

here's what greeted me this morning (i know it would be a lot worse in alska etc:rolleyes: )
BONSAIPIC001.jpg

my greenhouse is now a whitehouse:D and my trees are mostly white too:)

what is your weather like at the mo?

john:)

btw, most of my maples are bursting bud now:confused:

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Nice group of trees:) . Strangely enough, It is 55F this morning and raining...very unusual for February here in Massachusetts. Of course, by mid-week, the day time highs will only be near 30F....unfortunately a more typical temp.

Dave

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
As of this posting it's 72 degrees. High today expected to be 80 degrees with rain throughout the day. Low tonight will be 45 degrees.

I would love to see some of that white stuff down here.

johnbaz

Mame
Reaction score
here's another taken this morning....

BONSAIPIC004.jpg

here's one day last week- there and gone within the day:confused: :confused:

snowSmall.jpg

john:)

Jay Wilson

Shohin
Reaction score
I would love to see some of that white stuff down here.

Graydon......Don't wish this on the rest of us. If you must have some, please just stick your head in the freezer for a while.:D

Last edited:

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yeah well you guys from Florida have other downfalls where weather and temperature is concerned. :p I little cold is good for rejuvenating the blood and spirit.

Jay Wilson

Shohin
Reaction score
Ok Rick, you may have something there.
I'll just turn the A/C down to 70 degrees for a little while:)

bisjoe

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Spring is fast approaching here, though it was 28F here at 6am, it's now 55F and sunny. Buds are starting to swell. I suppose we could get another snow or two yet though so I have to watch it when mine start to sprout early.

robert1955

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We have had so much rain, I've had to mow my lawn 3x's in 2 weeks. And I was wearing shorts. All of my Elms have leafed out. 2 months of bonsai rest and now its time to work again.:D

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Winter is not over, although it's pretending to be. It was 70F here in Va. today. Tonight the temperature is dropping below 30F and the next several days will only be in the 30's and 40's for highs and mid 30's and high 20's for lows.

The temperature swings are playing havoc with some of my trees. The amur maples in particular. Thank God for the return of cold...:) I hope it stays cold until mid-March. Can't bear another late deep spring deep freeze like last year, when early warm days lead to the death of several of my trees...

Top Bottom