BC ..... FU

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
nice execution, from early planning
Thanks, I think this one will fill in nicely next year.
I've also kept it out of the tub this year....keeping my other BC submerged in a tub.
Growth has been good in both trees.
I'll be curious to see the roots next spring.

AnutterBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I don't deal with these type of trees, but... I keep seeing the term "tub" mentioned around. Does it really need water constantly as to be submerged under water?
For clarification, sorry if too noob of a Q.
Also, amazing progress and well done!

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I don't deal with these type of trees, but... I keep seeing the term "tub" mentioned around. Does it really need water constantly as to be submerged under water?
For clarification, sorry if too noob of a Q.
Also, amazing progress and well done!
Thanks!
The Bald Cypress doesn't necessarily NEED to be submerged all the time.
But they can be. Usually I keep both of mine submerged, but this year I decided to leave this one out on the bench.

AnutterBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Thanks!
The Bald Cypress doesn't necessarily NEED to be submerged all the time.
But they can be. Usually I keep both of mine submerged, but this year I decided to leave this one out on the bench.
Oh, awesome! Thank you so much. Appreciate the response.

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Great job. It's looking like the actual trees that occur in this area.........not some highly stylized representation of a tree. Nothing wrong with highly stylized trees, but my preference is for something more natural and you're accomplishing that.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Great job. It's looking like the actual trees that occur in this area.........not some highly stylized representation of a tree. Nothing wrong with highly stylized trees, but my preference is for something more natural and you're accomplishing that.
Thank you!

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Wired up. The tree has many branches that are too long now, they will be trimmed back in the spring. Need to focus on the apex next year.
Here are pics of all 4 sides.
I think the final images could be a future front some time down the line....best trunk line.
20211128_154655.jpg20211128_154706.jpg20211128_154716.jpg20211128_154726.jpg

Stormwater

Shohin
Reaction score
¡Gracias Señor!
....as we say in Maryland.
Nice work. I’ve loved working with these (in Maryland), fun and easy. I’m shocked at the abuse these can take: drought, live in a pot of water for the summer, remove all branches most roots ….freakin amazing.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Nice work. I’ve loved working with these (in Maryland), fun and easy. I’m shocked at the abuse these can take: drought, live in a pot of water for the summer, remove all branches most roots ….freakin amazing.
Yeah, no doubt.
Bald Cypress has certainly become a favorite on my benches.

Top Bottom