Be on alert...aliases of a man caught scamming and preying on bonsai folk

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Agreed. I would advise anyone in that situation to block the person.

There was talk of the guy brunt mentally ill, but know one really knows.

Agreed...I think everyone blocked him once this all came out.

But, he sure was calculated in his scams. Not sure how much was an act and how much if any was from mental illness. In my minds eye...if one was meantally ill. Would the one know to keep it off a public wall and only do their scam in private. That it's where I see it got calculating. Just glad it came out...to warn and be on alert.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It seems to me that this bozo is violating the conditions for use of his IP/Facebook account/EBay account/etc. If you got an email with this crap in it forward the email to you service provider in making your complaint - his unique IP address is in the header which also identified directly/indirectly. Likewise, with wherever (FB, Ebay, etc.) you received the obscene treatment / threat / scam.

I encourage you to do something about him - don't get mad get even.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It seems to me that this bozo is violating the conditions for use of his IP/Facebook account/EBay account/etc. If you got an email with this crap in it forward the email to you service provider in making your complaint - his unique IP address is in the header which also identified directly/indirectly. Likewise, with wherever (FB, Ebay, etc.) you received the obscene treatment / threat / scam.

I encourage you to do something about him - don't get mad get even.
May have taken that stance...reporting him. ;)

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Give him my address and invite him over. Problem solved.
The Godzilla avatar is not about my favorite monster only. It also represents my personality. People like this get to see this side of me.

I know what you mean Mike. I keep getting these peope calling me and offering to instal a security system for free If I let them put a sign in my yard. I keep telling them: We don't need no stinking secutiry system. I'm a veteran with guns and a bad attitude.

Reaction score
It's a really bad habit to get into - scamming people on the Internet. Bonsai people are usually nice, but I read a story about a guy who was scamming people on auto parts. Some of his Internet friends showed up at his house one day and he was not happy. Then someone in the know got the law involved. And not just the law - the LAW with capital letters. In addition to the Police, they contacted his place of employment, his insurance company, his bank, and by the time they were done he was PLEADING people on the Internet to stop.

Wenzel?

:blackfo2:

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Not only is it a bad idea but in addition to the other things I have done, I was also a skip collector for Discover Card. What that means is I found people for a living. It is really pretty simple to find people. Not so easy to stop a snowball once it's rolling. I have not heard another peep from that guy... wonder why that is? You just never know when you poke the wrong hornet's nest.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not only is it a bad idea but in addition to the other things I have done, I was also a skip collector for Discover Card. What that means is I found people for a living. It is really pretty simple to find people. Not so easy to stop a snowball once it's rolling. I have not heard another peep from that guy... wonder why that is? You just never know when you poke the wrong hornet's nest.

Lol.
I collected Government student loans. Even people who think they hide well, well, don't!

How did you get this number?
How do you know my nickname?
How did you know I was golfing yesterday?
Garnishments?

Hahahahahahahaha!

Sorce

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Unbelievable...what are the odds I get a PM from one with the same name asking me about Sonny Boggs pots. Seen one of mine on a group...I blocked him. I want no part in one who took advantage of friends and talked very nasty to my friend in PM's because she was a female.

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
He's in Fall River mass according to his Facebook. Dude asked me about larch. Went and took pics of what I had trying to sell a couple, told me which ones he wanted, gave price, yup... sob story after sob story, doesn't get paid til Friday, didn't want to pay to ship. No car but wanted me to meet in Massachusetts. 4 weeks went by I got the same message from him again. Asking to see pics. I gave up too much hassle for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181127-204955.png
    Screenshot_20181127-204955.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20181127-205002.png
    Screenshot_20181127-205002.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 35

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
He's in Fall River mass according to his Facebook. Dude asked me about larch. Went and took pics of what I had trying to sell a couple, told me which ones he wanted, gave price, yup... sob story after sob story, doesn't get paid til Friday, didn't want to pay to ship. No car but wanted me to meet in Massachusetts. 4 weeks went by I got the same message from him again. Asking to see pics. I gave up too much hassle for me.
Seems he doesn't change his ways. Yeah, same fella who contacted me. Why not contact Sonny himself? Odd...Larch you say...you have them in the sale section here by chance?

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
Seems he doesn't change his ways. Yeah, same fella who contacted me. Why not contact Sonny himself? Odd...Larch you say...you have them in the sale section here by chance?
I don't..... Yet. I unloaded about 25 to bonsai west this summer. Just some small stuff right now. However I have lots of bigger and character worthy stuff dug last spring and this past fall that should be ready to rip after full recovery, showing vigorous growth.

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
I
Also I had to move last month. And come spring time I have to go dig and pot up about 100 ground growing on my old property. Those will collect easy. They we're dug from the wild 2 yr ago and put back in the ground at my old place.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I don't..... Yet. I unloaded about 25 to bonsai west this summer. Just some small stuff right now. However I have lots of bigger and character worthy stuff dug last spring and this past fall that should be ready to rip after full recovery, showing vigorous growth.
Keep me in that mental vault as possibly being interested...in something manageable. I can't handle a beast...but, would like something with character possibly. You know my style...

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It's a really bad habit to get into - scamming people on the Internet. Bonsai people are usually nice, but I read a story about a guy who was scamming people on auto parts. Some of his Internet friends showed up at his house one day and he was not happy. Then someone in the know got the law involved. And not just the law - the LAW with capital letters. In addition to the Police, they contacted his place of employment, his insurance company, his bank, and by the time they were done he was PLEADING people on the Internet to stop.
One comment about this. Sometimes these things can go wrong/be ill intentioned. The court of public opinion is often too quick to judge, the pitchforks come out, and oops, the perceived villain was really innocent, but it's too late and the damage is done. This can be from misinformation, or malicious/smear campaign. See DOXing.

I'm not saying the culprit in this case is innocent, but I would just remind us all to exercise some caution and get facts before we take action.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
One comment about this. Sometimes these things can go wrong/be ill intentioned. The court of public opinion is often too quick to judge, the pitchforks come out, and oops, the perceived villain was really innocent, but it's too late and the damage is done. This can be from misinformation, or malicious/smear campaign. See DOXing.

I'm not saying the culprit in this case is innocent, but I would just remind us all to exercise some caution and get facts before we take action.
Those who were out money...would say otherwise. My friend had the correspondence to prove it. She's in her 70's even told him as much...many were involved when this first went down. But, hey...your welcome to look the fella up and be his friend. No harm in that. ;)

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sometimes I think MOST of the people selling Bonsair elated a tuff on Ebay are trying to "prey on Bonsai people". It seems a tiny little cutting/ seedling more than DOUBLES in cost when people try to list is as a "bonsai or pre- bonsai". The same small shears that normally go for $15-20 are proved at $50-100 when called "bonsai shears"... I know the good sellers who have actually taken steps to develop good, low branching, Trunk movement, nebari... The people who out int he WORK to give you better stock, should get a better price for their material... After working as lo as I have to try to develop my own trees from seedlings and cuttings, I know how much work that takes! I know there are motors that are of a higher quality and demand a higher price accordingly, but I rarely buy anything on Ebay other than pumice and stuff because it gets hard to identify what is a scam and who is smelling real quality stuff sometimes.

Tis the season:rolleyes:. And some scammer calls his 1/4-3/8" trees "big thick trunk". Ha HA! Tempted every time to contact about lying:mad:!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
That is what I think when I see blue/pink maple seeds advertised on ebay. not much you can do to these scammers though
It does go to show you that there are a lot of people out there that are not willing or have not been willing to educate themselves about bonsai. Just because you may be new does not forgive you for allowing yourself to become a victim.

Top Bottom