Beautiful Autumn in Atlanta

Phillip C

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As I sit here this morning looking out over the pond to the bright yellow woods beyond i'd like to share what a glorious Autumn we have had here in Atlanta. Having spent October in New England with my wife's family, I fully expected another truly awe inspiring show of color from the leaves. While the trip and travels were fine, the colors lacked that usual New England "punch". We arrived back in Atlanta a week ago and have been blown away by the yellows, reds and colors in between of the foliage here.

As I begin what promises to be a busy day, I would like to reflect on how truly wonderful nature can be and how wonderful it makes me feel. I am reminded of all the things i have to be grateful for. I am also reminded that I am the only person I can truly control - me and my reactions. These are good things to be reminded of and I appreciate the opportunity to be reminded of them.

As I began my day, I'd like to share a favorite poem somewhat apropos of the season and life in general.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

Have a wonderful day and enjoy yourself and those around you. Phillip C

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Phillip unfortunatley we had a bad year up in the N.E. wet, hot, and a lot of fungus really made leaf peeping a bust this year. Where there is usually weeks of good color, it seems areas would have just a few days. I have a red maple in my yard that was spectacular, I couldn't find the camera, next day I got it from my wife, but the tree wasn't what it was the day before.

Top Bottom