Beech pot color

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I have a European Beech. Nice tree but not what I would call big. Probably not ready for a bonsai pots by most standards here, but I want it in a bonsai pot. What color of pot should I be looking at with this tree? Help appreciated

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a European Beech. Nice tree but not what I would call big. Probably not ready for a bonsai pots by most standards here, but I want it in a bonsai pot. What color of pot should I be looking at with this tree? Help appreciated
Shape is equally important to color, perhaps more so. All this depends on the actual tree going into the pot. Pic would help. In general, ovalish glazed pots work with beech, cream, green, grey (ish), brown, an unglazed oval can work as well, sometimes, depending on the character of the tree.

Last edited:

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I prefer a medium soft blue glazed pot. To me….the medium soft blue color brings out a blue tint that is naturally in the Beech leaves. The tint is not always noticed unless it sits with something blue. And, bonus in my view, the Beech looks stunning in winter months as the leaves change to yellow and then hang on as a brown. I attached medium soft blue colors I prefer for Beech….9B0CDC9E-C68E-4EEA-9B7A-6B45CCC9BB0F.jpegE273C904-C754-4C01-A0B1-D1A26772D9AF.jpegF9116FAE-6B9C-453B-850A-2AF92C1A028E.jpeg

Top Bottom