Been away from the board for a while....

Chub

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Been away from the board quite a while. Lost my beautiful wife Jo, to cancer Dec 27th. Was at her bedside holding her hand as she passed. A few of the members may remember from my discussing her treatments, insurance etc. I have been keeping up the hobby though. Started a few projects this year through seed and collecting from my yard. Planted some Quince seed that I got from fruit from my neighbors hedge that came along nice. I also collected a little Barberry and Norwegian Spruce from my yard. Here they are earlier in the year.
031.jpg

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you find some solace in your trees. Nice to see you back, but I wish it were under better circumstances...

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Chub so sorry to hear this... Welcome back and may the new year bring peace and may memories bring joy. Hang in there bud.

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So sorry for your loss Chub
I've been hoping that no news was good news

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Chub, I remember you talking about your wife's illness last year and was hoping for the best... heartfelt prayers to you and your family.

Dave

BigDave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Sorry Chub, Cling to those you have left, a reminder to all of us..!

Do let bonsai help you heal your mind, but do it with others, it can be a very solitary hobby

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Chub,

We do not know each other but I feel for you. Please accept my condolences. Hang in there, time heal all wounds.

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
So sorry for your loss, Chub. Thanks for sharing with the BNut family. It is good to see that you can still find some joy in this hobby during a difficult time. I'm sure your wife would feel the same.:)

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Sorry to hear about your wife, that's got to be a hard truth to swallow; I wish you well, and sorry for your loss.

Zach Smith

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Been away from the board quite a while. Lost my beautiful wife Jo, to cancer Dec 27th. Was at her bedside holding her hand as she passed. A few of the members may remember from my discussing her treatments, insurance etc. I have been keeping up the hobby though. Started a few projects this year through seed and collecting from my yard. Planted some Quince seed that I got from fruit from my neighbors hedge that came along nice. I also collected a little Barberry and Norwegian Spruce from my yard. Here they are earlier in the year.
View attachment 29467
I am so sorry for your loss. May you experience better times in 2013 and beyond.

Zach

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am so sorry to hear this. Please know that our thoughts are with you.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Chub, I am sorry for your loss. I have only been here a year or so, so I honestly can not remember if I have seen your posts but I am familiar with loss of loved ones and I truly know how devastating that can be.

How are you doing ? Keeping busy with something you enjoy can help, you should also seek out your friends or family, the ones you can talk to, as that will help too. May heaven be her bed.

ed

Top Bottom