Been busy last few weekends

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
not nearly enough pines - I have only 3 pines lol - now you can spend 10 more hours pulling weeds hahaha

Drew

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Have you grown these from seed?

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Have you grown these from seed?
Not from seed but from 1 year old seedlings. These has been container grown for about 8 or 9 years. Some has the trunk of about an inch and a half. I have one that is about the same age but only has about half an inch trunk. This happens to the one in the smallest pot.

Drew

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How many of these are you growing?

I have about 10 in their 5 or 6 growing season and bout 70 in their 3rd growing season. Am not too saw if its doable to keep them all when it potting them all into bigger pots, the time and space they will eventually take up..

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I
How many of these are you growing?

I have about 10 in their 5 or 6 growing season and bout 70 in their 3rd growing season. Am not too saw if its doable to keep them all when it potting them all into bigger pots, the time and space they will eventually take up..
Drew,
I have two young kids (1 and 6 year old) so I don't have a lot of time. They are my first priority that is why these somewhat neglected and aren't look as good as some of the ones you see here that is about the same age. I like to plan ahead so that when they are a bit older I will have something to play with. I started out with about a hundred and only have about 40 now. Most of them died in the first couple years due to the soil staying too wet. Haven't kill one for the last 6 years.
Having these many is manageable up to a point. I did decandled all 35 in 3 mornings that totalled 6 hours. I didn't have time to pull needles or wire anything... That will have to wait. I enjoyed it and am sure you too... Just don't expecting a whole lot until you have more time to focus on them individually.
Enjoy the journey.

Drew

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sounds very similar to my situation. (I have a 2.5yo kid) and am growing mine from seed in the hope I'll have some decent stock to work with later in life. I'll see how I manage but I may have to 'cull the herd' so to speak one day.

Thanks for the reply

Top Bottom