Been tinkering with a few stands

choppychoppy

Chumono
Reaction score
Here is a new stand idea. I have been been playing around with several designs. I have a lot of stands, benches and tables that I made that are all wood and the pedestals really require a 4x4 post to be sturdy enough and the benches are really heavy. These are much less bulky and with some stain on the wood I think will look really nice. Unfortunately the parts were not very cheap but they are very strong and pretty lightweight especially compared to my other stands. And on the plus side it required very little in the way of tools.
20150406_183644.jpg 20150406_184206.jpg

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
They have a crisp and clean look to them but don't seem that stable. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my trees on them around here. Sorry, but that's my opinion of them.

choppychoppy

Chumono
Reaction score
They have a crisp and clean look to them but don't seem that stable. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my trees on them around here. Sorry, but that's my opinion of them.
Im 250 lbs and i sat on them - they are pretty stable :)

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I agree with vin. They look very nice and modern but look like the wind can blow and knock them over. Doesn't mean they are that unstable, just that they look unstable.

Should put a nice dark (or very light) stain on 'em.

Do they have to sit on concrete?

choppychoppy

Chumono
Reaction score
I agree with vin. They look very nice and modern but look like the wind can blow and knock them over. Doesn't mean they are that unstable, just that they look unstable.

Should put a nice dark (or very light) stain on 'em.

Do they have to sit on concrete?
They can go anywhere.
Def. not unstable - tjoints are soldered and the bases are 2ft square - steel piping very strong.
I think I will try a dark stain.

Thanks.

Top Bottom