Beginnings of a peach grown from seed.

GroveKeeper

Shohin
Reaction score
Hello every one. I'm new to this forum but I've been experimenting with bonsai from almost 4 years now. For my first post, I thought I would share a few pictures of a peach three that I have been growing for 3 years. It was grown from the seed of a regular, grocery store peach and then planted in a grow bed for the last 2 years. I've cut it back multiple times and I believe it's starting to turn into something interesting.

vwGR4PA.jpg

w1zeJaa.jpg

rZ1OTOI.jpg

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hello every one. I'm new to this forum but I've been experimenting with bonsai from almost 4 years now. For my first post, I thought I would share a few pictures of a peach three that I have been growing for 3 years. It was grown from the seed of a regular, grocery store peach and then planted in a grow bed for the last 2 years. I've cut it back multiple times and I believe it's starting to turn into something interesting.
Wow it looks very good, are you a pro?

GroveKeeper

Shohin
Reaction score
That's some serious root pruning!
You've made some nice trunk movement too!

What else ya got? More peaches? Other species? You've got this part of development down, so you need to have a few dozen more growing too (if you don't already).

Heh. I have a bunch of trees in the beginning stages of developing. Lot's of stuff grown from seed or cuttings. I don't have any other peaches though. I do have a couple of mulberries(one red mulberry and some dwarf everbearing mulberries that I'm experimenting with), two american beautyberries and I'm trying to grow some native florida fruit trees that I've never seen anybody use for bonsai.

The rest of my trees are mostly crepe myrtles, schefflera, elms and red maples.

Wow it looks very good, are you a pro?

Thanks, I'm flattered. I'm just a beginner though.

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Some really nice flare on the base and very nice movement. I'm excited to see what you do with this, I have 1 peach I just got a few months ago so definitely nothing yet lol

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I've killed a lot of plants too. But I probably collected more mediocre trees than killed lol. I really enjoy learning from experimenting though.
Yeah, bonsai is wonderfull. It's so aweome, but I can't really explain why :)

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice Peach GK.

Where are you located?

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

GroveKeeper

Shohin
Reaction score
Nice Peach GK.

Where are you located?

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

Thanks. I'm in southwest Florida. I have my doubts that this peach will ever fruit/flower but I'll do my best to make it a cool looking tree.

Maybe once it has reach 80% development, I can try putting it in a mini fridge for the winter?

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thanks. I'm in southwest Florida. I have my doubts that this peach will ever fruit/flower but I'll do my best to make it a cool looking tree.

Maybe once it has reach 80% development, I can try putting it in a mini fridge for the winter?
The fridge can work if you can keep the humidity up otherwise it would dehydrate and literally freeze dry.

Saizan

Yamadori
Reaction score
Nice project! I have some commercial apricot of two years, from fuits eaten, but don't have the movement of yours.

Here, with a mediterranean climate, is usually to see the blooming of some species of Prunus; so maybe your peach will be in flower at some mature stage.

GroveKeeper

Shohin
Reaction score
Sad news. Recently a few of my trees(including this peach) were mauled by a raccoon. I waited to see if it would bud out again, but unfortunately, it had died as well as the other tree. :(

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
That must be very upsetting. I hate losing trees! Why would a raccoon do that?

I guess that means you should start more!

How did you manage to germinate a grocery store peach seed anyway?

GroveKeeper

Shohin
Reaction score
That must be very upsetting. I hate losing trees! Why would a raccoon do that?

I guess that means you should start more!

How did you manage to germinate a grocery store peach seed anyway?

I bought 5 peaches and cracked open the pits with a nut cracked. Then I took the kernels and wrapped them in a damp paper towel inside of a plastic bag, which I stashed in the fridge for 2 months. Then I planted them in a pot and 1 of the 5 germinated.

As for the raccoon, it has eaten the stems of a few of my trees. I need to get a trap or something because is a menace. It's that or a shovel in the night

Reaction score
I bought 5 peaches and cracked open the pits with a nut cracked. Then I took the kernels and wrapped them in a damp paper towel inside of a plastic bag, which I stashed in the fridge for 2 months. Then I planted them in a pot and 1 of the 5 germinated.

As for the raccoon, it has eaten the stems of a few of my trees. I need to get a trap or something because is a menace. It's that or a shovel in the night

Better to find a repellant or secure the trees from the raccoon. If you remove this one, another will simply occupy the vacant territory.

Top Bottom