Benches finally all but finished

Spdyracer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've been working on this for several months and finally got it to a point I wanted to share it. Longest part was the raised grow bed. Still have a little more gravel to put down but besides that it's finished. At least finished for now because are things like this ever really done? Enjoy. IMG_2005.JPG IMG_1999.JPG IMG_1998.JPG IMG_2001.JPG IMG_2002.JPG IMG_2003.JPG IMG_2007.JPG

makarovnik

Mame
Reaction score
I really like your raised grow bed. If I am ever able to buy my own home I will steal your idea.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've been working on this for several months and finally got it to a point I wanted to share it. Longest part was the raised grow bed. Still have a little more gravel to put down but besides that it's finished. At least finished for now because are things like this ever really done? Enjoy. View attachment 147573 View attachment 147568 View attachment 147567 View attachment 147569 View attachment 147570 View attachment 147571 View attachment 147572
Very very nice. Well done for sure.

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I like the gravel look. One of these years I will replace the mulch around my benches with gravel. So many projects...

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yeh raised bed looks great. All very good. Well done.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great work....

But enough about that J.Crack that is still alive!

Beautiful wood look!

Love it!

Sorce

Spdyracer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I really like your raised grow bed. If I am ever able to buy my own home I will steal your idea.
Steal away. I wanted a wider bench for some bigger trees so decided to build it into the grow bed and make it all one piece.

Spdyracer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the gravel look. One of these years I will replace the mulch around my benches with gravel. So many projects...
Wanted something low maintenance and could handle some run off from the watering.

daudelus

Mame
Reaction score
I am planning to put rocks down also.... can you tell me if you put anything down underneath? I've heard weed block is useless for weeds, but it keeps the rocks from settling down into the dirt. Your benches look great!

Spdyracer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am planning to put rocks down also.... can you tell me if you put anything down underneath? I've heard weed block is useless for weeds, but it keeps the rocks from settling down into the dirt. Your benches look great!
Thanks for the compliment. I put down plastic weed barrier. My three layer bench I've had the rock down for about two months. Even though it hasn't stopped a 100% of grass and weeds it's sopped 95% of them. Like you said it also keeps the rocks from sinking into the dirt. I picked it up at Home Depot it's plastic with very small holes in it.

Lynn E

Mame
Reaction score
Great job--love the bike too. L.

Spdyracer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Top Bottom