Best Places to Buy Bonsai Online?

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I recently updated this post of the Top 5 places to buy bonsai online in the US. I’m curious, what other places are out there that you’ve had good experience with?

I plan to update this again for 2022 and I want to check out other vendors, just in case they are better than my current top 5.

Thanks!

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I like that you mentioned Facebook auctions…. I don’t want to say who they are , but some individuals in particular are always selling and it seems like they’re trying to make money vs selling off quality bonsai… idk maybe it’s me but it’s something I caught on to….

Ohmy222

Shohin
Reaction score
I like that you mentioned Facebook auctions…. I don’t want to say who they are , but some individuals in particular are always selling and it seems like they’re trying to make money vs selling off quality bonsai… idk maybe it’s me but it’s something I caught on to….
People have a tendency to sell stuff for money

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Bonsai is the wrong profession to be in if you’re goal is to only make money… that’s the point. You sacrifice quality for something “wow rare , great trunk” when it really isn’t , and they’re just selling shit with a high price tag.
People have a tendency to sell stuff for money

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
My bad. He doesn't sell on line. But if you are ever in the area. Reading is not my first language.
He sells a few things like wire and does not charge shipping so I definitely bookmarked his site. Thank you for sharing it. His site was easy to find by just Googling it.

vbakatare

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Nuccio's nursery in Altadena, CA. their website is somewhat hard to navigate, but they're known for camellias and azaleas also satuskis. cash only. Nucciosnurseries.com
There's also some youtube videos

EDIT: Forgot that this thread is for online purchasing. Sorry!

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bonsai is the wrong profession to be in if you’re goal is to only make money… that’s the point. You sacrifice quality for something “wow rare , great trunk” when it really isn’t , and they’re just selling shit with a high price tag.
While I agree with you, so what? Same as it ever was. I am certainly irritated with most of what I see on eBay but I don't do facebook. I see gross exaggerations every day and occasionally take the time to reply to the seller which is an exercise in futility.
It isn't going to change for any group no matter how elitist that group views itself. Consumer beware and all of that. Rightly divide Your truth.

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nuccio's nursery in Altadena, CA. their website is somewhat hard to navigate, but they're known for camellias and azaleas also satuskis. cash only. Nucciosnurseries.com
There's also some youtube videos

EDIT: Forgot that this thread is for online purchasing. Sorry!
These guys are super old school, mail order catalog! I’ve heard great things, though.

Ohmy222

Shohin
Reaction score
These guys are super old school, mail order catalog! I’ve heard great things, though.
Yeah, ordered some Satsuki azaleas from them once. They were like $8 a piece so I expected they would be very small like 4" inch pots or something. They were each one gallons. Still small but not a stick in a pot either. To order them, I called up and talked to someone who said that a guy I presume to be the owner would call me back. Guy talked to me for probably 30 minutes and recommended some other plants. So I asked about payment and he said I will send you the bill with the plants and once I get the plants to mail him a check. Weird that they would send a first time customer a bunch of material and trust I would send a check back. No Paypal, didn't even have email. Calls me up the next day, says he is out of something and talks me into something else. Proceed to talk for another 30 minutes. Super nice guy. From my understanding they are best place in the nation for both Camelias and Azaleas. They are one of the main sources used in the Satsuki book by Robert Callahan too.

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I had that link before I posted. I have been beating that drum for years. I have no skin in the game, just a good friend that has good material at good prices. It is even better if you can go in person.

Top Bottom