Best/Simplest Automated Watering System?

cbrshadow23

Shohin
Reaction score
I've always dealt with tropical bonsai that were ok with going several days without water, but now I have several species that need daily watering. I'll be on a week long vacation in a month, so I need to look into an automated way to water my plants.
We rent the house currently and I only have about 25 trees (5 of which need daily watering) so a simple setup would be ideal. Maybe an attachment to a hose with a splitter and spray nozzles in several areas that connects to my wifi and can be controlled with an app? That would be ideal, but I'm open to an analog setup as well.

Thanks for any info!

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I was confronting the same problem a little bit ago, and someone recommended just getting a water timer like one of these...
...and just use a sprinkler of your choice.

There are some that have built in smart technology, but they aren't cheap, though that's relative I guess.

LuZiKui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I've always dealt with tropical bonsai that were ok with going several days without water, but now I have several species that need daily watering. I'll be on a week long vacation in a month, so I need to look into an automated way to water my plants.
We rent the house currently and I only have about 25 trees (5 of which need daily watering) so a simple setup would be ideal. Maybe an attachment to a hose with a splitter and spray nozzles in several areas that connects to my wifi and can be controlled with an app? That would be ideal, but I'm open to an analog setup as well.

Thanks for any info!
You planning on watering all of your trees with the same frequency or maybe 2 different zones of watering? I'll be interested to see what others recommend, we've got our summer vacation in July that i'm already trying to come up with a watering plan for. No wonder my wife thinks I'm crazy, I've put more thought into my watering than our actual vacation 😆 . I'm kidding... mostly

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a simple 2 zone timer and lawn sprinklers.

Top Bottom