Best sources for seed, online or in SoCal?

Reaction score
Hey all... I'd just like to get some recommendations for some good sources of seed. I am looking for classics, as well as rare variations of the classics, and also more exotic/atypical, rarities, and in general hard to find, yet highly sought after. There are some trees I like where I can't find so much as a seedling lol Etsy seems pretty good so far, and Pure Bonsai, plus couple others look interesting. What else should I check out? Many thanks, in advance.

berzerkules

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've never bought seeds from this place but I've heard good things and they have an extensive catalog

Lutonian

Chumono
Reaction score
Luton, East Anglia, England, Great Britain
USDA Zone
9a
I've never bought seeds from this place but I've heard good things and they have an extensive catalog
I have used Sheffields and had them ship to UK. Great service and communication.

Timbo

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
I use both of those companies, I like Sheffield's better (just preference maybe). Both Sheffield's and Schumachers have seeds either don't have, so you have to look. It's getting harder to find rare seeds, whether it's because of import issues or what. I just ordered some seeds, they still have things available. Ebay seeds are almost worthless, unless you get someone who actually has the tree. It's hard to tell how old the seeds are or where they come from, lots of them never sprout. I learn the hard way, just spend a little more for better seeds.

Top Bottom