Best Turntable?

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What is the best purchased turntable you've worked with? I'm not interested in building my own, just buying one that works well and lasts. Suggestions?

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
My wife occasionally lets me use one of her metal pottery turntables. Smooth action and can take a lot of weight. However she got tired of letting me use them and bought me a cheaper one that has 2 chipboard circles about 16” in diamter with a ball bearing lazy susan device in between. The bearings are heavy duty to take the weight of all the wet clay in a pot. I have had this one a couple of years and it still looks like new. She got it at the local pottery supplier and it works well and with that large surface is convenient for bonsai work. It has a formica surface on both top and bottom so is reversible and more or less waterproof as long as not left out in the rain. Appears to be available at pottery suppliers all over the US. It cost less than $50. Photos below with maker.

94F99F00-299E-4418-97C3-C4FC1D3A92C8.jpeg7C053359-C7E1-4F80-9EDE-2446C0F961C0.jpeg

Last edited:

Calnicky

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I like my Green T turntable. It's a stand-alone (not table top). I got a square top which is awkward for banging into the knees while turning, but nice for having space for your tools at the corners. They are expensive, but well made and heavy duty for big trees.

Looking for a good table top turntable now...might try the "Basic Bonsai Turntable" Eastern Leaf offers - looks like the one above. But any recommendations for table top turntables would be helpful!

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like my Green T turntable. It's a stand-alone (not table top). I got a square top which is awkward for banging into the knees while turning, but nice for having space for your tools at the corners. They are expensive, but well made and heavy duty for big trees.

Looking for a good table top turntable now...might try the "Basic Bonsai Turntable" Eastern Leaf offers - looks like the one above. But any recommendations for table top turntables would be helpful!
I was looking at the Green T. How long have you had it? Are the hydraulics holding up OK? Does the surface tilt?

Calnicky

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I've had it about 3 years. Hydraulics seem to be fine. Surface does NOT tilt. I think it's a solid tool. I like the weight of it.

Top Bottom