Best way to start with Japanese Black Pine?

D

Deleted member 32750

Oh God wait until the Kannapolis show before you buy anything. You have a great chance at finding a nice starter there,
Yes I agree. I think better material could be found at the shows versus anything that is sold on line.

AcerAddict

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Oh God wait until the Kannapolis show before you buy anything. You have a great chance at finding a nice starter there,
I've got a budget of $1,000 or so for the show already. The goal is to come home with two, maybe three trees that are fairly well along, but not totally developed yet. Basically, I'll be looking for quality pre-bonsai material. I don't need any pots, soil or tools, so the whole budget is going to be spent on trees.

lucany

Seedling
Reaction score
Hey friends...i see ya'll are in NC ...do you know if at the

WINTER SILHOUETTE BONSAI SHOW

DECEMBER 4 & 5, 2021

they have also trees for sale? i never been there and i was planning to go this weekend.

thanks

Cip

Seedling
Reaction score
I just ordered two JBP's that are two years old. No experience with them, just learning.

lucany

Seedling
Reaction score
I just ordered two JBP's that are two years old. No experience with them, just learning.
Where did you buy them? online? can you share the website? thanks!!!

Wulfskaar

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Hey friends...i see ya'll are in NC ...do you know if at the

WINTER SILHOUETTE BONSAI SHOW

DECEMBER 4 & 5, 2021

they have also trees for sale? i never been there and i was planning to go this weekend.

thanks
From what I've heard, many bonsai shows like that will have vendors selling lots of stuff.

Cip

Seedling
Reaction score
Where did you buy them? online? can you share the website? thanks!!!
I ordered them from Bonsaify.com, one cost 20some dollars, two cost just $10 more. They are potted and 2 yrs. old

lucany

Seedling
Reaction score
I ordered them from Bonsaify.com, one cost 20some dollars, two cost just $10 more. They are potted and 2 yrs. old
thx, I was thinking about doing that too...i like his youtube channel...

pak1351

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think Tom at driftwood bonsai has some decent jbp offerings shipped to your door that at least have some trunk lines and are more than seedlings but allow for some exploration

lucany

Seedling
Reaction score
just visited the Kannapolis NC Bonsai show yesterday and purchased some JBP 3-4 yrs old seedlings from Julian Adams from Adam's Bonsai in Lynchburg VA for $12 each, I did also talk with him for a while...very knowledgeable person, he has been working on Pines for 48 years...so impressed! I suggest for anyone adventuring in Pines Bonsai to read his book Growing Pines for Bonsai... http://www.adamsbonsai.com/adamsbonsai2021dec2_033.htm hope you'll enjoy it as much as I am !

Attachments

• j adams.png
    j adams.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 3

lucany

Seedling
Reaction score
I think Tom at driftwood bonsai has some decent jbp offerings shipped to your door that at least have some trunk lines and are more than seedlings but allow for some exploration
Not sure what consist in "decent offering" nothing under $325 ?!??

Top Bottom