Betula pendula

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hi Ruben, that's a nice birch you've got there, watching! I absolutely love birches and you made me to document mine initialy.

I had one that was damaged in winter, now it's only suckering from roots, all white trunk is gone...
betula 1 2018.jpg

When scouting for pines this july I found and dug this one. Soil was so rocky... It went go home with just a few feeder roots, no branches and leaves this low, without any soil tied in a plastic bag. Growing...
betula 3 2018 1.jpg

I've got one more - seedling found in one of my pots, growing trunk for 3 years in ground for shohin.
PS:It's your thread, posting small pictures.

Reaction score
Hi Ruben, that's a nice birch you've got there, watching! I absolutely love birches and you made me to document mine initialy.

I had one that was damaged in winter, now it's only suckering from roots, all white trunk is gone...
View attachment 205491

When scouting for pines this july I found and dug this one. Soil was so rocky... It went go home with just a few feeder roots, no branches and leaves this low, without any soil tied in a plastic bag. Growing...
View attachment 205492

I've got one more - seedling found in one of my pots, growing trunk for 3 years in ground for shohin.
PS:It's your thread, posting small pictures.
Nice ones, they are really easy in collecting. I going to collect a couple more in early spring, just break them out. On mine i have too graft, never done it on birch. Hope it works.

No problem with posting pics.:)

peterbone

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The natural growth of the species is to grow up first and then bend down towards the end of the branches. This is what distinguishes it from conifers, which bend down or straight out from the trunk.

Reaction score
The natural growth of the species is to grow up first and then bend down towards the end of the branches. This is what distinguishes it from conifers, which bend down or straight out from the trunk.
Thank you very much for your info. I think you should grow them.

Top Bottom