Beware of stolen bonsai!

KleinM

Sapling
Reaction score
Someone broke into the Eastern Leaf nursery and stole about 40 trees. Some of which Jason has worked on for 10 years. Really makes me feel sick that people would do something like this. If you see any of these trees for sale, contact them immediately please.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for sharing. Always good to get the message out!

Note, this has been shared twice already :)

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
I’m confused on why so many bonsai trees have been getting stolen . Many of posts and even a lady on Facebook claimed that a couple members from her club got trees stolen from . I’m confused on so many aspects on who and why . They really can’t sell the trees and get money for them also

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m confused on why so many bonsai trees have been getting stolen . Many of posts and even a lady on Facebook claimed that a couple members from her club got trees stolen from . I’m confused on so many aspects on who and why . They really can’t sell the trees and get money for them also
What’s worse is that no self respecting bonsai enthusiast would steal another persons tree. Meaning whoever stole these probably hasn’t the first idea about how to look after them. And as you said….they can’t be sold immediately within bonsai circles else they’d be recognized.

So tragic that most of them will end up either dead or very sickly and neglected 😢😢

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bonsai get stolen for a few reasons, from simple ego-driven desire to own one, to possible contracted resale, or resale for the cash. You'd be surprised at how they can get sold for quick $$. DRug addicts don't really care what they sell or steal. They're just after the cash.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bonsai get stolen for a few reasons, from simple ego-driven desire to own one, to possible contracted resale, or resale for the cash. You'd be surprised at how they can get sold for quick $$. DRug addicts don't really care what they sell or steal. They're just after the cash.
indeed. If you do not care about the price you get, you will find a market. Also for stolen trees.

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That’s got to really suck . It’s doubtful that the average person understands the attachment we have to these trees . The thieves are most likely incapable of even comprehending what they have stolen .

Top Bottom