Big Benjamina Freebie

NateDyk47

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Holy hell, this is an impressive transformation. Looking at the first post, I was not expecting the tree to look this good this soon. I am typically not a fan of aerial roots, but they fit this tree very well. The slab was amazing, but I totally understand the move to a more practical vessel for a tree that needs to be moved at least twice a year. The PVC sheet is really unconventional but after being cut back, it still looks really good.

Thanks for the thorough documentation. This was an enjoyable & educational read!

MHBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Holy hell, this is an impressive transformation. Looking at the first post, I was not expecting the tree to look this good this soon. I am typically not a fan of aerial roots, but they fit this tree very well. The slab was amazing, but I totally understand the move to a more practical vessel for a tree that needs to be moved at least twice a year. The PVC sheet is really unconventional but after being cut back, it still looks really good.

Thanks for the thorough documentation. This was an enjoyable & educational read!

I appreciate the kind words. I've learned a tremendous amount about bonsai through this tree's progression. Ficus aren't for everybody, but they really teach you quickly how to get results.

I think this is my favorite 'before' photo :D :

20180518_173410.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I started reading this a few pages ago & subscribed. Today I read it from the beginning, what an amazing transformation! I have a bengi that I can now work on with this information. Thanks!

AlexoftheCastle

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
12a
Great write up, thaElnk you sharing your post with me. Amazingly executed utilizing different techniques without any help.

Top Bottom