Big Itowgawa...a work in progress

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I've owned this tree for 5 years, I let it grow for 2 years before Marco styled it. The first picture is the one I bought it from, second picture is three years ago just before Marco styled it, the third picture is after marco spend 8 full hours, styling it, the fourth picture is a top view of all the wiring he had to do, the last picture was taken in April this year, every year Marco carves a little more on the shari, you can see his fresh work. It's my job to keep it healthy.

keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Very nice Harry. In my opinion a nice series which shows the maturation of a fine tree - not just instant bonsai :) Keep going on the deadwood - to me it is still too heavy, especially on the top of the tree. But it is always easier to remove deadwood than to put it back :) I think you also want the deadwood at the apex to point left(?)

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Very nice Harry. In my opinion a nice series which shows the maturation of a fine tree - not just instant bonsai :) Keep going on the deadwood - to me it is still too heavy, especially on the top of the tree. But it is always easier to remove deadwood than to put it back :) I think you also want the deadwood at the apex to point left(?)

Good point, do you think Marco would notice if I got the Dremel out.....:rolleyes:

keep it green,
Harry

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
..only if a pretty lady delivered the Dremel..:p

-dorothy
I don't know if Marco would unless she were blond, but I sure would...........:rolleyes:

keep it green,
Harry

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
Marco does some seriously amazing work. Looks great! I think I'll have to reserve him for at least a half-day this year...

Top Bottom