Big Itowgawa...a work in progress

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I've owned this tree for 5 years, I let it grow for 2 years before Marco styled it. The first picture is the one I bought it from, second picture is three years ago just before Marco styled it, the third picture is after marco spend 8 full hours, styling it, the fourth picture is a top view of all the wiring he had to do, the last picture was taken in April this year, every year Marco carves a little more on the shari, you can see his fresh work. It's my job to keep it healthy.

keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• 1_multipart_xF8FF_3_pp12.jpg
    1_multipart_xF8FF_3_pp12.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0055 (2).JPG
    IMG_0055 (2).JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC00930.jpg
    DSC00930.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC07905.jpg
    DSC07905.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 223

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Very nice Harry. In my opinion a nice series which shows the maturation of a fine tree - not just instant bonsai :) Keep going on the deadwood - to me it is still too heavy, especially on the top of the tree. But it is always easier to remove deadwood than to put it back :) I think you also want the deadwood at the apex to point left(?)

harrytree1.jpg

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Very nice Harry. In my opinion a nice series which shows the maturation of a fine tree - not just instant bonsai :) Keep going on the deadwood - to me it is still too heavy, especially on the top of the tree. But it is always easier to remove deadwood than to put it back :) I think you also want the deadwood at the apex to point left(?)

harrytree1.jpg

Good point, do you think Marco would notice if I got the Dremel out.....:rolleyes:

keep it green,
Harry

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
..only if a pretty lady delivered the Dremel..:p

-dorothy

I don't know if Marco would unless she were blond, but I sure would...........:rolleyes:

keep it green,
Harry

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
Marco does some seriously amazing work. Looks great! I think I'll have to reserve him for at least a half-day this year...

Top Bottom