Big Mugo pine, 'garden-dori'

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Awesome, nice work!
What do you think your teacher is going to change about it?

DirkvanDreven

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Unfortunately, mine didn't make it! Was one of my first attempts and I had not perfected its aftercare. Live and learn!
Sorry to hear that. it is something that can always happen, but you are always inclined to think that it will not happen to you!
However, don't let it stop you from trying again next time, but try to figure out what went wrong and try to avoid previous mistakes.

BuckeyeOne

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sorry to hear that. it is something that can always happen, but you are always inclined to think that it will not happen to you!
However, don't let it stop you from trying again next time, but try to figure out what went wrong and try to avoid previous mistakes.
At least now I have a very large grow box to start with!! 🤪

DirkvanDreven

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
At least now I have a very large grow box to start with!! 🤪
My grow box was way to big! I think initial progression would have been much faster if I got it in a much smaller grow box and a drier soil.
This week my teacher set the branches. Compacted the tree much more. I'll make pictures this weekend.

DirkvanDreven

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Awesome, nice work!
What do you think your teacher is going to change about it?
Wires, the tree is even more compacted, foliage is placed behind big branches to connect them with the tree.
I very much like the way Mauro Stemberger styles his pines, the beginnings are there. Quite a few small twigs were not wired, and of course I was told that!
The front was changed again, next year it's going to be repotted in a big mokko bonsaipot. And in 2021 in our club show!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
It looks like it made it through the transplanting process well. I would leave it alone for at least another year just to make sure it does not succumb to an abundance of care and manipulation.

Top Bottom