Big old baldy

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I already have a large bald cypress that is currently getting a carving done, but because I didn't think it was large enough I figured I'd one up and get even a larger one :eek:. Its has great shape already and while it didn't have a ton of fine roots there tough enough that It should pull through after some good TLC.

That's a 6 ft fence, it's on a small platform-and it already leans toward a flat top style

I mean, how can you not want this one-Something seemed to have chewed the bark off at the spot there but I'm hoping it'll heal well.

another angle

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
That's a backbreaking tree. Hope it thrives -- keep us up to date. Should be a great tree. (As this point I would cover more of the roots)

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
The squirrels in my neck of the woods love to chew the bark off of cypress and cedar trees during the fall and winter. I suspect they use it for bedding.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
That's a backbreaking tree. Hope it thrives -- keep us up to date. Should be a great tree. (As this point I would cover more of the roots)

the roots that you see where already exposed like that, when collected. Though I'm thinking about covering them up as well and will most likely do that tomorrow.

The squirrels in my neck of the woods love to chew the bark off of cypress and cedar trees during the fall and winter. I suspect they use it for bedding.

It was a drive to where I got this but I think as much too, Glad I don't have an issue with them where I live

johng

Omono
Reaction score
you have to watch that "one up" logic...you'll end up with more than a yard full before you know it:)

absolutely protect it if you get another freeze this spring....

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
you have to watch that "one up" logic...you'll end up with more than a yard full before you know it:)

absolutely protect it if you get another freeze this spring....

I know! My wife said im taking over the yard :) im gonna have to refrain from collecting any more large trees. I don't think we'll have any more freezes as I can't remember the last time we had one in April here. It'll be brought inside if it does. I'll update my other baldy too as soon as I'm done with al the carving too.

Top Bottom