Big thank you to American Bonsai Ceramics

Gsquared

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
A big thank you to @thams for including me on his American Bonsai Ceramics site. I’m really honored to be included with all these great potters. If you haven’t seen the site, do, it is really inspiring to see all the fantastic bonsai pots that are being made in the US.

And now for a little shameless self promotion, here’s a link to the ABC site.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
A big thank you to @thams for including me on his American Bonsai Ceramics site. I’m really honored to be included with all these great potters. If you haven’t seen the site, do, it is really inspiring to see all the fantastic bonsai pots that are being made in the US.

And now for a little shameless self promotion, here’s a link to the ABC site.

I appreciate the shoot. I don't know how many hours of my life I've put into that site, but it's been a lot of fun. It's allowed me to connect with so many good people, so all the effort was well worth it. I'm hoping it'll be around for years and will continue to grow as more and more people become interested in pottery. I still have another 50 or so entries that are still in the works as I track down more info and pictures.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I still have another 50 or so entries that are still in the works as I track down more info and pictures.
Let me know if you have April Grigsby on that list. I have one of her pots that no one else will have as she told me she was never going to make another. I also have many others.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Let me know if you have April Grigsby on that list. I have one of her pots that no one else will have as she told me she was never going to make another. I also have many others.
Actually April is back at it in the Cleveland area. Working on getting a gas kiln up and running. She was selling pots at the Cleveland show.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

I would love any pictures you have of her work that I could use. I actually just talked to her a few days ago - she gave me permission to use the photos from her website, but I don't have any of her signature. She promised to get me some photos of her new work, but it'll be a bit before she can get them to me. I really dig her work, so I'm hoping to snag a piece in the near future. You can tell just by glancing at her pots that she's trained in clay. Really nice forms with usable glazes. She also a genuinely nice person.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Actually April is back at it in the Cleveland area. Working on getting a gas kiln up and running. She was selling pots at the Cleveland show.
Oh I know where she is and has Dale Cochoy's kiln. We still talk alot.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would love any pictures you have of her work that I could use. I actually just talked to her a few days ago - she gave me permission to use the photos from her website, but I don't have any of her signature. She promised to get me some photos of her new work, but it'll be a bit before she can get them to me. I really dig her work, so I'm hoping to snag a piece in the near future. You can tell just by glancing at her pots that she's trained in clay. Really nice forms with usable glazes. She also a genuinely nice person.

Here is a picture of me getting the pot. She did not want to sell it. I started offering at $100.00 and started up $25.00 at a time. I finally won.

27459889_325777661266924_2286575350910460140_n.jpg

Other pots of hers.

DSC_0008.JPGDSC_0009.JPGDSC_0010.JPGDSC_0011.JPGDSC_0012.JPGDSC_0015.JPG

I have most of those above plus these two glazed. She was just starting to put together glazes when she left. She makes her own and had nothing here. Started by buying the raw materials and grinding the glazes. I'll post some more. I have lots of her pots.

DSC_0026.JPGDSC_0025.JPG

I'll get you a signature or two. She sort of uses a Micheal Hagadorn affair

Attachments

• DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 5

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Here is a picture of me getting the pot. She did not want to sell it. I started offering at $100.00 and started up $25.00 at a time. I finally won.

View attachment 255549

Other pots of hers.

View attachment 255550View attachment 255551View attachment 255552View attachment 255553View attachment 255554View attachment 255555

I have most of those above plus these two glazed. She was just starting to put together glazes when she left. She makes her own and had nothing here. Started by buying the raw materials and grinding the glazes. I'll post some more. I have lots of her pots.

View attachment 255558View attachment 255557

I'll get you a signature or two. She sort of uses a Micheal Hagadorn affair

Thanks @Smoke I really appreciate it. Making her own glazes is next level stuff. I figured she uses pre-made like 90% of the potters out there. That makes me all the more impressed with her stuff. You're lucky to have so many in your collection. I don't think it'll be long before her stuff really catches on. She's already fairly highly regarded.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can see why you fought for the glazed one in this post. Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it.
You should see it with the pink thong....Weoowww!

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was curious about who Roger Snipes is. There is not much on the active web page about him and just two pictures. I find the pictures interesting and was wondering if anyone knew him or knew about the one pot.

I have this Walsall 21 year Anniversary pot, 2007. It comes in a box and is packaged really nice.

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

All the labeling is on the inside and my pot was constructed by David Jones.
DSC_0016.JPG

This is the pot of Roger Snipes. Just wondering why someone would go to so much trouble to copy a pot with so much detail.

roger snipes.jpg

DSC_0015.JPG roger snipes.jpg

Gsquared

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
That’s a charming pot. I do hope it gets used!

Here’s a couple of new cascades fresh out of the kiln. Next week’s crop should yield a dozen or so kusamono pots in some crazy styles.972E9E68-A296-4136-91D1-EAD023CDB3FD.jpegFD239CA1-1C4A-45BF-B72A-B423074D462B.jpeg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I was curious about who Roger Snipes is. There is not much on the active web page about him and just two pictures. I find the pictures interesting and was wondering if anyone knew him or knew about the one pot.
Roger is one of the founders of the Inland Empire Bonsai Society in Spokane WA, been active in bonsai for 30 years, great guy.
If memory serves me correctly, he only made a few pots for himself, seems like the crab pot pictured has been around a long time

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

This is the pot of Roger Snipes. Just wondering why someone would go to so much trouble to copy a pot with so much detail.

I tracked the name down through Josef Addis, but I couldn't find anything else about his pottery online. The pot replica is interesting. I suppose imitation is the highest form of flattery. I wish I could track down more about him. His profile on my website is woefully lacking.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I tracked the name down through Josef Addis, but I couldn't find anything else about his pottery online. The pot replica is interesting. I suppose imitation is the highest form of flattery. I wish I could track down more about him. His profile on my website is woefully lacking.
I guess that's true unless your Walsall pottery. They may have a different take on it. Maybe not.

Gsquared

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
The original Walsall one is a lot tighter presentation. Better detail and finish.

Top Bottom