Biggest air layer you've done?

JoeH

Chumono
USDA Zone
9B
Wondering if there is a limit to the thickness of a branch for air layering? I'm doing several this spring (summer In FL AC already on!!) that are in the 2 inch or so thickness, but I have a red bay that I keep thinking about that is about as thick as my arm. Just not sure if it would work.

USDA Zone
Here's Graham Potter air layering a pretty thick one as well. Worth trying. I am attempting to air layer a modestly thick piece of Chinese Privet right now and I only have two months left to see if it takes.

JoeH

Chumono
USDA Zone
9B
Thanks!! I forgot about Potter's video, I watched it for sure, too. I'll give it a go.

I had a siberian elm about 8" in diameter growing roots, but it died from borers. I have another one nearly a foot in diameter im planning on attempting to air layer next year.

JoeH

Chumono
USDA Zone
9B
Well, the plum I was trying didn't root out, I must have missed some tissue when I was scraping it off, on the bright side the area that I tried fattened up a lot and I am going to try again. I can see it out the front window out there teasing me like God teased Moses.