BillsBayou on Life, Death, and Regrets

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm just now stumbling upon this absolute tearjerker of a video from BillsBayou, whose creativity and knowledge has inspired me for many years. I wish there was more I could do to thank him for his content and guidance (on both life and bonsai!) in such difficult times.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm not familiar with his videos, but I'll be looking into them now.

My mother died in a car wreck in 2002 caused by an intoxicated driver, my nephew died at 2 years old in 2017 of late onset SIDS, and we lost my older brother to drugs in 2020. I have, unfortunately, become very familiar with losing loved ones.

Mourning looks different for everyone, but do not mourne needlessly. So you lost some trees, stopped making videos for a while. So what?
There is nothing to regret there. We prioritize our emotions, we put life into new perspectives.
So you feel like there are 1000 other things you screwed up along the way. What can you do for them now?
Life is for the living, and we all blow it sometimes. Smile at the little losses, and always remember to say, "I love you."

Thank you, on behalf of all those you've made smile.

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm not familiar with his videos, but I'll be looking into them now.

My mother died in a car wreck in 2002 caused by an intoxicated driver, my nephew died at 2 years old in 2017 of late onset SIDS, and we lost my older brother to drugs in 2020. I have, unfortunately, become very familiar with losing loved ones.

Mourning looks different for everyone, but do not mourne needlessly. So you lost some trees, stopped making videos for a while. So what?
There is nothing to regret there. We prioritize our emotions, we put life into new perspectives.
So you feel like there are 1000 other things you screwed up along the way. What can you do for them now?
Life is for the living, and we all blow it sometimes. Smile at the little losses, and always remember to say, "I love you."

Thank you, on behalf of all those you've made smile.
I recommend starting with the three-part series on the "St. Kateri Tree," which demonstrates digging it out of a swamp, to initial styling, to detailed styling. He mentioned in the above video that this is one of the trees that was lost.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
He and I have suffered the same loss and we have discussed it over PM's. I've never seen that video but thanks for sharing it.

Top Bottom