Biogold Fert - fungus??

Haines' Trees

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hey all!

So I’ve recently begun using Biogold fertilizer in addition to my go to (solid inorganic pellets, love them) in order to broaden the micronutrient blend accessible to my trees. I’ve only put them on a few trees because, ya know, I don’t wanna try something new on everything all at once.

On a few of the Biogold chunks I’m noticing some white fungus
image.jpgBeneficial or problematic? I know biogold comes highly recommended

LuZiKui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I use biogold on all of my plants and most of the time it stays brown, then just crumbles over time and disappears.
I put a couple in a ficus I had growing indoor. They looked similar to that and got covered in a white looking growth. I just left them and kept watering and it didn’t seem to have an adverse affect on the plant. I put it outside and added some more of them and it never happened again. LOL, sorry that’s not very helpful. I just chalked it up to maybe mychorizze (sp?).

Haines' Trees

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I was thinking there was potential for it to be a sort of positive organism, something to act as the carrier from fert -> plant. Just wasn’t sure if that’s what I’m looking at.

It has been cloudy and rainy the last few days. Maybe once the sun comes out and we get a steady breeze it may well disappear.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
I was thinking there was potential for it to be a sort of positive organism, something to act as the carrier from fert -> plant.

Probably no direct connection between fungi and plant but organics need to break down for the nutrients to be released as plant available. Fungi and bacteria digest the organics and make it soluble so the tree can absorb the nutrients.

Top Bottom