BioGold for established trees only...?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@Don Blackmond I know you had me get it for the azalea. But I use it on most all my stuff.

Reading the information on it. I see no where it required only established trees.

It's organic fertilizer...so easy on roots. Is what I thought.

TomB

Omono
Reaction score
You can use it on anything, it's a good organic fertiliser. However for stock in development where you want rapid growth, you might want to save some money and just use the cheapest source of NKP from your local big box store.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks! I thought so. It's a good slow release. Lasts a good while...and I use a liquid at half strength as well as fish emulsion. Thanks! I don't have many trees...just 17. And I don't use it on the wisteria.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
BioGold is 5.5/6.5/3.5 and like you said, organic and slow release. It's great stuff and will keep a tree healthy, but with those NPK #'s you're not going to grow anything hard. I've used it for years as an add-on and can tell the difference in foliage and flower quality, but like I said, no powerhouse growth.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
BioGold is 5.5/6.5/3.5 and like you said, organic and slow release. It's great stuff and will keep a tree healthy, but with those NPK #'s you're not going to grow anything hard. I've used it for years as an add-on and can tell the difference in foliage and flower quality, but like I said, no powerhouse growth.
I use it as a supplement slow release. I also use half strength Peters 20/20/20 every two weeks...and fish emulsion once a month when things wake up.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I use it as a supplement slow release. I also use half strength Peters 20/20/20 every two weeks...and fish emulsion once a month when things wake up.
BioGold, Osmocote 14-14-14, and double strength BonsaiPro Liquid every 10-14 days and have had excellent results for years with it.

Top Bottom