Chris85

Sapling
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience using bionide systemic granules for insecticide? I’ve used it for succulents and cacti in the past with great results for mealy bugs. Given that I’m new to this, I’m not really sure what a Japanese Maple can handle.

I’m also thinking of using a bionide systemic fungicide since I’ve seen some recommending it on here (as well as similar items under different brand names).

Is it possible to use an insecticide or fungicide with enough potency to harm a tree? I’d stick to label recommended dosages, but don’t want to use the wrong thing.

Thanks!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Is it possible to use an insecticide or fungicide with enough potency to harm a tree?

Every chemical is a little different, so you have to read the instructions. Even relatively benign organic treatments can be harmful if used in the wrong strength / combination. A perfect example that comes to mind is using any oil-based pesticide within a month of any sulfur-based fungicide.

Chris85

Sapling
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience using bionide systemic granules for insecticide? I’ve used it for succulents and cacti in the past with great results for mealy bugs. Given that I’m new to this, I’m not really sure what a Japanese Maple can handle.

I’m also thinking of using a bionide systemic fungicide since I’ve seen some recommending it on here (as well as similar items under different brand names).

Is it possible to use an insecticide or fungicide with enough potency to harm a tree? I’d stick to label recommended dosages, but don’t want to use the wrong thing.

Thanks!

Just realizing now that the name of the product is BOnide and not BIOnide haha. I stand by bionide as the superior name. Could be why I couldn’t find the info I was looking for.

Top Bottom